Want to know how many people you can follow on Instagram?
The number of followers you have on your Instagram account plays a vital role in establishing you as a niche authority.
Not only does Instagram’s algorithm reward accounts with a massive followers-base, but also offers a plethora of growth opportunities.
Following users on the platform is an excellent way of attracting people to follow back.
But the social media giant doesn’t allow you to follow unlimited accounts.
There’s a limit to the number of accounts you can follow on the platform.
In this article, we’ll answer: How many people can you follow on Instagram?
Why Are Followers Important on Instagram?
Before discussing why Instagram has a limit on the number of accounts you can follow and the limit itself, it’s critical to understand the importance of followers on Instagram.
1. Visibility: The more followers you have, the more people will see your content. This is splendid for businesses or individuals marketing on the platform.
2. Engagement: Having many followers increases the likelihood of your content receiving meaningful interactions like comments, likes, saves, shares and more.
3. More leads: When you have a large followers-base, you can generate more leads from your in-platform advertisements and marketing efforts.
4. Brand advocates: Loyal followers who interact with your content regularly become brand advocates, eventually. In simple words, not only do they bring more followers but also vouch for your brand against discrimination on the platform.
5. Collaborations: If you are an influencer, having more followers means extensive collaboration opportunities with brands in your niche.
These are a few reasons followers are important for your account on Instagram.
Why Does Instagram Have a Follow Limit?
With over a billion monthly active users, the social media giant hosts businesses, influencers, and the public.
There are a plethora of money-making opportunities the platform offers to its users which is linked to the number of followers you have.
Imagine every user following unlimited accounts to grow their presence and with a target of unlimited likes, comments, save, shares on their shared content.
This would not only create chaos, but also degrade the credibility of the platform.
Hence, Instagram has set a limit on the number of followers an account can follow.
How Many People Can You Follow on Instagram?
Well, the maximum number of accounts you can follow on Instagram is 7,500. But you can’t do this at a go.
The social media giant allows you to follow a maximum of 200 accounts per day.
This protects the platform from bot interactions, spam and promotes organic methods to grow. But you can have an unlimited number of followers on your account.
Well, if you try to follow accounts beyond the limit, Instagram warns you with an error saying:
Try again later. We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram to protect our community.
A brilliant strategy is executing your actions below the limit. For instance, if you want to follow many accounts in a day, a safe limit would be 150 or less.
This is because reaching near the limit raises red flags.
Instagram might consider your action as automation and ban you temporarily from the platform.
Growing on Instagram using organic methods takes time and effort.
Hence, you must stay patient and post valuable content, and engage with your audience consistently to get maximum results.
There you have it. Now you know the answer to how many people can you follow on Instagram.
There’s a limit to the total number of accounts you can follow to avoid chaos on the platform.
This restricts the use of automation and reduces spam.
While there are many ways you can increase your growth, the best is to post high-quality content, engage with your audience and execute actions within the limit to stay safe.
I hope this article helps.