The blogging industry is a huge and constantly growing realm.
It’s worth billions of dollars and is part of the global internet.
By 2025, the blogging industry is expected to grow by $584.02 billion (USD).
We have gathered data from reliable sources to answer the question: How much is the blogging industry worth?
This article will include statistical data we retrieved from reputable sources to share with you in this article.
We will cover the basics to reveal the most recent statistics about the blogging industry we could find.
Additionally, we will include statistics that tell us why it’s growing and how people generate revenue from blogging.
Let’s discuss the blogging industry.
- 1 Key Statistics
- 2 How Much is the Blogging Industry Worth in 2024?
- 2.1 1. The blogging industry has been forecast to grow by $417.85 billion between 2021 and 2025.
- 2.2 2. There are over 600 million active blogs online today.
- 2.3 3. The number of active bloggers grew from 28.3 million to 31.7 million between 2015 and 2020.
- 2.4 4. 86% of content marketers utilize blogs for their marketing.
- 2.5 5. More than 80% of businesses engage in content marketing.
- 2.6 6. 43% of the global web is built on the WordPress platform.
- 2.7 7. 77.9% of bloggers in the United States use the Blogger platform.
- 2.8 8. 67% of European marketers say they find blog posts and article effective marketing tools.
- 2.9 9. 50.1% of bloggers are women compared to 49.9% of bloggers who are men.
- 2.10 10. The United States has a share of 29.2% of global bloggers.
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
- The blogging industry has been forecast to grow by $417.85 billion between 2021 and 2025.
- There are over 600 million active blogs online today.
- The number of active bloggers grew from 28.3 million to 31.7 million between 2015 and 2020.
- 86% of content marketers utilize blogs for their marketing.
- More than 80% of businesses engage in content marketing.
- 43% of the global web is built on the WordPress platform.
- 77.9% of bloggers in the United States use the Blogger platform.
- 67% of European marketers say they find blog posts and articles effective marketing tools.
- 50.1% of bloggers are women compared to 49.9% of bloggers who are men.
- The United States has a share of 29.2% of global bloggers.
How Much is the Blogging Industry Worth in 2024?
1. The blogging industry has been forecast to grow by $417.85 billion between 2021 and 2025.
The forecast for the blogging industry is that it will grow by $417.85 billion (USD) between 2021 and 2025.
This is a result of the market accelerating at a CAGR of 16%.
The growth in 2021 was at 15.43%.
This data comes from Technavio Research where more than 17,000 reports, 800 technologies, and related data from 50 countries went into analyzing data.
(DemandSage, PR Newswire)
2. There are over 600 million active blogs online today.
Data shows that there are over 600 million blogs live and online as of September 2023.
The number of blogs is constantly growing as new blogs are cropping up daily.
Furthermore, there are an estimated 2 million new blog posts being published daily.
According to WebTribunal, over 6 million blog posts on average go live every day.
(Blogging Wizard, WebTribunal)
3. The number of active bloggers grew from 28.3 million to 31.7 million between 2015 and 2020.
Between 2015 and 2020 the number of active bloggers rose by 3.4 million taking the industry from 28.3 million bloggers to 31.7 million bloggers in five years.
The most recent statistics reveal that there are an estimated 32.7 million bloggers in the United States alone.
These figures are estimates because it’s challenging to differentiate between bloggers with a single blog and those with multiple blogs.
4. 86% of content marketers utilize blogs for their marketing.
Content marketers commonly use blogs to promote their products and services.
In fact, 86% of content marketers use blogs as part of their overall marketing strategy.
This sizable percentage is what makes blog posts the most preferred and popular method of sharing content among professional marketers.
Just for the record, mail comes in second among content marketers at 67%.
5. More than 80% of businesses engage in content marketing.
According to a HubSpot study, 82% of businesses engage in content marketing.
Content marketing is one of the most effective forms of marketing in the industry.
Blog post marketing falls second only to video marketing if that helps your perspective on the effectiveness of blogging and content marketing.
(Fit Small Business)
6. 43% of the global web is built on the WordPress platform.
There are 1.98 billion global websites of which 43% are powered by WordPress, the content management system (CMS).
WordPress also powers around 20 billion blog pages that are seen per month by 409 million users.
WordPress owns anywhere between 40% and 65% of the global market share among CMS platforms.
Shopify has a 5% market share, Joomla a 2% market share, and Drupal a 2.5% market share for perspective.
7. 77.9% of bloggers in the United States use the Blogger platform.
The United States may have the bulk of the blogging industry with a 77.9% Blogger usage share, but it’s not the only country where bloggers that use the Blogger platform.
The other 22.1% of global bloggers include Indonesia with 33,360 Blogger blog sites, India with 24,968 Blogger blog sites, and Brazil with 15,285 Blogger blogging sites.
While this doesn’t compare with the 372,134 and growing number of Blogger blog websites, it’s still a growing industry.
8. 67% of European marketers say they find blog posts and article effective marketing tools.
American bloggers aren’t the only users of blog posts and articles as part of their marketing strategy.
In fact, 67% of European marketers find blog posts and articles to be part of their own successful marketing strategy.
Blogging is growing all over the globe and is one of the most used ways to get exposure.
9. 50.1% of bloggers are women compared to 49.9% of bloggers who are men.
According to recent data women blog more than men.
In fact, the blogging industry consists of 50.1% women and 49.9% men, making this one of the most equal industries among genders.
Notice that the difference in percentages of male to female bloggers is marginal.
We already know that the United States dominates the blogging industry, but they aren’t the only players out there.
The United Kingdom has a 6.75% share and Japan a 4.9% share of the blogging industry.
Every country has a share of the blogging industry that contributes to the over $417 billion in revenues among the millions of blogs we see online.
How Long Does It Take to Create a Successful Blog?
Becoming a successful blogger takes time, effort, and patience.
It’s unlikely that your blog will become an overnight sensation because like any business, it takes time to build and grow.
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to how long it takes to become a successful blogger because that’s determined by a multitude of factors.
The basic factors include things like your niche, the quality of your blog content, and your marketing strategy.
These factors and others combined impact how well your blog does and whether you will become an authority in your niche.
Most bloggers say that it takes an average of at least six months to start seeing results from your blog.
It will take some fine-tuning as you go, but you can have a successful blog if that’s what you want.
How Much Can Bloggers Earn?
Once again, how much you can earn as a blogger depends on several factors.
Your niche is one of those factors.
If the niche you choose has a lot of monthly searches and low competition, you have a better chance of making more money, which also depends on things like how you market your blog and your content.
That said, the average blogger makes about $3,100 per month.
The top 10% of bloggers make more than $10,000 per month.
Furthermore, there are bloggers that make nothing from their blog and others who make millions of dollars each year from blogging.
How Can You Monetize Your Blog?
Monetization is how you get the most out of your blog and boost your chances of earning from your blog.
Therefore, we have a few tips to help you monetize your blog:
1. Advertise your blog using display ads on your blog to earn money when website visitors click on the ads.
2. Affiliate marketing allows you to promote other people’s products or services on their blog to earn commissions on each sale made from their unique affiliate link.
3. Selling products or services on your blog can help a blogger earn money. Bloggers usually sell their own branded merchandise, which tends to be a big trend these days.
4. Sponsored content is content that bloggers write for other brands or companies that pay you to write for them.
We have learned that there are over one billion blogs across the globe, but only about 600 million are active.
We also know that there are over 30 million bloggers in the United States and across the globe maintaining a blog.
For marketers, brands, and businesses, it’s significant that professional global marketers say that blog posts increase their engagement and their exposure.
In fact, this figure is well over 50% of global marketers on average.
Since 77% of internet users read online blogs, we hope you see the significance and necessity of blogging. The blogging industry is constantly growing as people see its worth.
We hope that after getting the answer to the question of how much is the blogging industry worth in 2023, that you feel more enlightened.