The fact that there are over 600 million blogs in 2023 tells us that there are also millions of bloggers who own and operate them.
How many bloggers are there in 2023?
The following information will confirm the number of bloggers according to the most recent data.
We will also discuss why people create blogs, how many people read blogs, and other interesting facts about bloggers.
This article is ideal for anyone thinking about becoming a blogger, people who already are bloggers, and marketers who promote blogs and bloggers.
If you’re a blog reader, you will get some insights into how much work and effort bloggers put into the content they share with you.
No matter who you are and where you are in the blogging world, there is something interesting for you here.
- 1 Key Bloggers Statistics
- 2 How Many Bloggers are There in 2023?
- 2.1 1. 2020 Revealed There Were 31.7 Million Bloggers in The United States Alone.
- 2.2 2. By 2022, It Was Expected that There Would Be at Least 32.7 Million Bloggers in The United States.
- 2.3 3. 76% of Bloggers Write and Publish How-To Blog Post Articles.
- 2.4 4. 97% of Bloggers Promote Their Blogs on Social Media.
- 2.5 5. Articles of Over 2,000 Words Are More Apt to Get Higher Results.
- 2.6 6. Every Year an Average of 2.5 Billion Global Blog Posts Are Published.
- 2.7 7. The Most Successful Bloggers Spend an Average of 4 Hours per Post.
- 2.8 8. 85% of B2C Marketers and 91% of B2B Use Blogging for Marketing.
- 2.9 9. Only 38% of Bloggers Say that They Update Older Articles.
- 2.10 10. 53.3% of Bloggers Are Between 21 and 35 Years Old.
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Sources
Key Bloggers Statistics
- 2020 revealed there were 31.7 million bloggers in the United States alone.
- By 2022, it was expected that there would be at least 32.7 million bloggers in the United States.
- 76% of bloggers write and publish how-to blog post articles.
- 97% of bloggers promote their blogs on social media.
- Articles of over 2,000 words are more apt to get higher results.
- Every year an average of 2.5 billion global blog posts are published.
- The most successful bloggers spend an average of 4 hours per post.
- 85% of B2C marketers and 91% of B2B use blogging for marketing.
- Only 38% of bloggers say that they update older articles.
- 53.3% of bloggers are between 21 and 35 years old.
How Many Bloggers are There in 2023?
1. 2020 Revealed There Were 31.7 Million Bloggers in The United States Alone.
While we may not have a precise number of bloggers in the world, we do know that there are more than 600 million blogs, which means there are at least tens of millions of bloggers worldwide.
In 2020, Statista revealed that in the United States alone, there are 31.7 million bloggers.
Imagine how many more millions of bloggers there are in other countries.
(First Site Guide, Growth Badger, Statista)
2. By 2022, It Was Expected that There Would Be at Least 32.7 Million Bloggers in The United States.
In terms of growth, experts believed that by 2022 there would be at least 32.7 million bloggers in the United States.
This is based on how many there were in 2020 and the growth rate of blogging since that time.
We also know that blogs account for two-thirds of all websites.
(First Site Guide)
3. 76% of Bloggers Write and Publish How-To Blog Post Articles.
According to sources, 76% of bloggers are creating how-to articles and contents for their blogs.
Moreover, 33% of those who read blogs say they read them to learn something new.
Learning how to write, paint, make money, crochet, make videos, garden, and other things fall under the category of learning something new.
That’s one reason how-to blogs are successful.
4. 97% of Bloggers Promote Their Blogs on Social Media.
As of 2020, data showed that most bloggers (97%) leverage social media to promote their blogs.
You can have the best blog out there, but unless you’re leveraging social media to drive some traffic to it, no one will ever see it.
Social media platforms and apps like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter (now X) can offer you a potential audience reach of over 3.5 billion global social media users.
5. Articles of Over 2,000 Words Are More Apt to Get Higher Results.
Bloggers with articles with 2,000 words or more have a stronger chance of getting noticed and read.
In fact, the recommended number of words per article (blog post) ranges from 1,760 to 2,400 words.
Also, the more detailed the content, the higher the quality which results in better exposure and ultimately traffic.
6. Every Year an Average of 2.5 Billion Global Blog Posts Are Published.
The most successful bloggers work hard to create quality articles to share with the world.
In fact, an average of 2.5 billion blog posts are published annually all over the world.
This represents 4,800 posts per minute and over 6.912 million per day.
Moreover, since the pandemic, 46.50% of bloggers say they have been doing more blogging, which has resulted in 55% of bloggers saying they have achieved higher traffic results.
7. The Most Successful Bloggers Spend an Average of 4 Hours per Post.
One of the most time-consuming tasks of a blogger is in the writing of blog posts (articles).
In fact, on average successful bloggers spend 4 hours drafting their articles.
Orbit Media says it takes an average of 4 hours and 10 minutes to generate a blog post as of 2022.
Since 77% of internet users read blog posts, bloggers should take the time to write high-quality articles. If you want to stand out from the rest, you need to have a good game plan.
(First Site Guide, Oberlo)
8. 85% of B2C Marketers and 91% of B2B Use Blogging for Marketing.
Business websites used to be simple sites with web content, but no blogs.
Today, 85% of B2C (business-to-consumer) business websites have blogs they use to market their brand and business.
Furthermore, 91% of B2B marketers claim that their companies have blogs used for the same purpose.
This data is from 2018, but we can see that businesses websites have a blog or article section used to inform and engage consumers and traffic.
9. Only 38% of Bloggers Say that They Update Older Articles.
Unfortunately, only 38% of bloggers update their older blog content.
However, 34% of bloggers claim that updating older blog posts generates positive and strong results.
It takes less time to edit and update an old article than it does to generate a new one.
Therefore, updating at least one older article per week (along with writing two to three new articles per week) can help boost your blog’s performance.
10. 53.3% of Bloggers Are Between 21 and 35 Years Old.
Blogger age demographics show that this market isn’t totally dominated by younger bloggers.
In fact, many bloggers are within the 21-to-35 age group, which makes up 53.3% of bloggers according to age.
Of people 20 and younger, only 20.2% are bloggers.
If you combine the 35 to 51 and older age group, you find that they account for 24.5%.
Anyone can own and operate a successful blog.
What Are the Benefits of Being a Blogger?
Bloggers get to share their knowledge with the world, which in most instances is a positive benefit with good impact.
We dug deeper and found out some of the top benefits of being a blogger:
• Being your own boss
• Setting your own schedule
• Working literally from anyway on the globe
• Sharing your hobbies and passions with the world
• Building a community of readers and supporters who need your inspiration
• Earning an income from your blog
What Are the Challenges of Being a Blogger?
Anything worth doing and doing well not only has its benefits, but it also has its challenges.
Here are some challenges about being a blogger we gather from reliable online sources:
• Consistently and regularly creating high-quality and unique content in your • industry/niche
• Promoting your blog to build and maintain a loyal audience
• Making a full-time living from your blog
How Do Bloggers Earn Money?
There are a few ways that bloggers can make money online using their blog content.
We found these online:
• Affiliate marketing
• Sponsored posts
• Selling digital courses, eBooks, and other digital content
• Speaking engagements and consulting
What Are the Most Popular Types of Blogs?
In terms of the most popular kinds of blogs out there, listicles are popular among business blogs.
According to data, how-to blogs are among the most popular type of blogs today.
Statistical articles are popular because they tend to boost trust and credibility on blogs.
It shows you can confirm your information and that you have done your homework.
Even if you aren’t running a statistical blog, using statistics and/or lists will still boost your reputation and authority.
When you want to get traffic, lists and statistical blogs account for 32% of those that generate the strongest results.
Video blog content accounts for 41% of successful blogs with strong results.
There are hundreds of millions of blogs and at least tens of millions of bloggers all over the globe.
We now know that in the United States alone there are over 31.7 million bloggers.
You should also know how bloggers make money and the benefits and challenges of being a blogger.
We have also shared information about bloggers and how they share their blogs to help you with your own blog promotion.
Overall, we hope you have learned something new and interesting from this article.
Now that you know the answer to the question du jour, “how many bloggers are there,” we hope you are satisfied with what we have uncovered for you.