But blended learning has been making headlines lately as a way to improve learner engagement and effectiveness.
In this post, we’ll discuss the benefits of blended learning and provide guidance on how to make it work for your organization. So whether you’re considering blended learning as a way to reduce costs, increase productivity, or boost employee engagement, read on to get started.
Why Blended Learning Is Popular
There are a number of reasons why blended learning is becoming increasingly popular.
First, it can be a cost-effective way to deliver courses. Compared to traditional methods such as face-to-face instruction or eLearning modules, blended learning allows for more manageable course sizes and the use of technology tools that don’t require dedicated staff time.
Blended learning significantly reduces operating costs for businesses and frees up the time that is typically required to plan large-scale training sessions.
In addition, it’s possible to create hybrid settings in which some elements of the training are delivered online while others take place in a physical setting. As a result, businesses can boost employee productivity and engagement by providing a variety of learning opportunities.
2. Develop Robust Information Retain Skills
Second, blended learning can help learners retain information more effectively. Although eLearning is an excellent way to provide new skills, it’s not always effective when it comes to retaining information.
This is because the blended learning techniques address the problem by requiring learners to take both online and face-to-face courses in order to complete the desired level of mastery.
Blended learning is all about creating unique learning experiences, that combine the benefits of classroom learning with the latest technologies and practices including 360 assessment tools, one-on-one coaching, social learning, and virtual reality, to name a few.
In this way, they’re able to build on the information they’ve learned in one course and apply it to the material they’re learning in another.
As a result, learners are more likely to retain what they’ve learned and remember how to apply it in real-world situations.
3. Increase Learners’ Engagement
Third, blended learning can help employees feel engaged by providing them with opportunities to interact with their colleagues and classmates online.
This is particularly important for remote workers who may find that traditional eLearning methods don’t offer enough interaction or opportunity for collaboration (a key part of effective learning).
4. Build Trust Among Employees
Blended learning can also allow employees to share knowledge and ideas with one another in a confidential environment. This not only boosts employee productivity but can also help build trust and cohesion within the team.
Blended learning in the workplace allows employees to choose when and where they want to learn. This makes learning more personalized and increases the chances of achieving desired outcomes, which then directly shows improvements in work performance.
In short, blended learning offers many advantages over traditional eLearning methods – including increased engagement, better retention of information, and more effective collaboration between employees.
How To Make Blended Learning Work For Your Organization?
There are a few things you can do to make blended learning work best for your organization.
- One is to ensure that all employees have access to the necessary technology tools and training needed to participate in online courses. This includes ensuring that they have an internet connection and reliable software, as well as understanding how to use these tools effectively.
- Another important factor is providing sufficient support to employees who decide to take blended learning courses outside of their normal work schedule. This may include assigning coursework deadlines, providing assistance with navigating the online course material, or offering other forms of guidance (such as training).
- Finally, it’s important to make sure that blended learning courses are aligned with your company’s overall strategic goals. This means considering the impact of these courses on employee productivity, retention rates, and innovation levels. You can use tools like Blackbaud Learning Activity Profiler to help you do this.
Overall, blended learning is an effective way to promote employee productivity and collaboration.
LMS like Blackbaud make it possible to deliver blended learning at an affordable price. Moreover, just like Blackbaud pricing model, there are several other tools that offer a free trial, which also allows you to gauge the effectiveness of the tool for your business before you invest in it.
By ensuring that all employees have access to the necessary tools and training, as well as providing adequate support, you can ensure that you reap all the benefits of this learning method in your organization.