If you’re an active LinkedIn user, you’ve probably seen the option to upgrade to LinkedIn Premium.
But what is LinkedIn Premium, and is it worth the investment?
LinkedIn Premium is a paid subscription service that offers additional features and tools to enhance your LinkedIn experience.
With LinkedIn Premium, you have access to advanced search filters, which can help you find more relevant job postings and connect with people in your industry.
You also have the ability to see who’s viewed your profile, which can be helpful for networking purposes.
Additionally, LinkedIn Premium provides you with a certain number of InMail messages per month, which can be sent to anyone on LinkedIn, even if you’re not connected with them.
While LinkedIn Premium may seem like a good investment for job seekers or business professionals, it’s important to consider whether the additional features are truly necessary for your needs.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the benefits of LinkedIn Premium and help you determine whether it’s worth the cost for you and your professional goals.
- 1 What is LinkedIn Premium
- 2 Key Features of LinkedIn Premium
- 3 LinkedIn Premium Plans
- 4 Benefits of LinkedIn Premium
- 5 Comparing LinkedIn Premium and Free Version
- 6 Maximizing LinkedIn Premium
- 7 Key Takeaways
What is LinkedIn Premium
If you are looking to take your LinkedIn experience to the next level, upgrading to LinkedIn Premium might be worth considering.
LinkedIn Premium is a paid subscription service that offers additional features to help you achieve your professional goals.
By upgrading to LinkedIn Premium, you gain access to a variety of features and tools that are not available to free users.
These features are designed to help you make the most out of your LinkedIn profile and enhance your overall experience.
There are two types of LinkedIn Premium memberships: Premium Career and Premium Business.
Premium Career is designed for job seekers who want to stand out to potential employers and get hired faster.
Premium Business is designed for professionals who want to grow their business and generate more leads.
With Premium Career, you get access to features such as:
- Advanced search filters to help you find the right job
- InMail credits to send messages to recruiters and hiring managers
- Insights on how you compare to other job applicants
- The ability to see who viewed your profile
With Premium Business, you get access to features such as:
- Unlimited people searches to find potential clients or partners
- Advanced lead search filters to help you find the right prospects
- The ability to see who viewed your profile
- Insights on how you compare to other professionals in your industry
Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium can be a great investment in your professional future.
With additional tools and features at your disposal, you can stand out from the crowd and achieve your goals faster.
Key Features of LinkedIn Premium
If you’re considering upgrading to LinkedIn Premium, it’s important to know what features you’ll be getting in return for your investment.
Here are some of the key features of LinkedIn Premium:
With LinkedIn Premium, you can see who has viewed your profile in the last 90 days.
This information can be incredibly valuable, as it can help you identify potential job opportunities or business leads.
You can also see how you stack up against other candidates who are applying for the same jobs as you.
One of the most valuable features of LinkedIn Premium is InMail.
InMail allows you to send messages to people who are not in your network, without having to use a connection request.
This can be incredibly useful for reaching out to potential clients or job opportunities.
LinkedIn Premium also gives you access to advanced search filters, which can help you find people who meet very specific criteria.
For example, you can search for people based on their job title, industry, location, and more.
This can be incredibly useful if you’re looking for very specific types of clients or job opportunities.
Finally, LinkedIn Premium also gives you access to a range of business insights.
This includes information about who is viewing your profile, which can help you identify potential leads or job opportunities.
You can also see how your profile ranks against other people in your industry, which can help you identify areas where you need to improve.
Overall, LinkedIn Premium can be a valuable investment if you’re looking to take your career or business to the next level.
With features like InMail, advanced search filters, and business insights, it can help you find new opportunities and connect with the right people.
LinkedIn Premium Plans
If you are considering upgrading to LinkedIn Premium, you’ll be presented with three different plans to choose from.
Each plan is designed to cater to specific needs, so it’s essential to select the one that suits you best.
Premium Career is tailored for job seekers who want to stand out in a crowded job market.
With this plan, you get access to tools that can help you find the right job and grow your professional network.
Here are some of the benefits of Premium Career:
- See who’s viewed your profile and get insights on how to optimize it
- Get access to LinkedIn Learning courses to improve your skills
- Get access to salary insights to help you negotiate your salary
- Send messages to recruiters and hiring managers even if you’re not connected
Sales Navigator is designed for sales professionals who want to generate leads and build relationships with potential clients.
This plan provides sales teams with the tools they need to identify and engage with decision-makers.
Here are some of the benefits of Sales Navigator:
- Advanced lead and company search filters to find the right prospects
- Unlimited InMail messages to reach out to anyone on LinkedIn
- Insights on decision-makers and their companies
- Customized lead recommendations based on your preferences
Recruiter Lite is aimed at recruiters who want to find and hire top talent quickly.
This plan gives recruiters access to a powerful set of tools to help them identify, engage, and manage candidates.
Here are some of the benefits of Recruiter Lite:
- Advanced search filters to find the right candidates
- Unlimited InMail messages to reach out to potential candidates
- Insights on candidates and their backgrounds
- Tools to manage and track candidate interactions
Premium Plans Pricing
LinkedIn Premium plans are priced differently, depending on the features and benefits they offer.
Premium Career starts at $29.99 per month, Sales Navigator starts at $79.99 per month, and Recruiter Lite starts at $119.95 per month.
All plans come with a free one-month trial, so you can try them out before committing to a subscription.
Benefits of LinkedIn Premium
If you’re wondering whether LinkedIn Premium is worth the investment, here’s a breakdown of the benefits you can expect to receive.
Depending on your professional goals and needs, LinkedIn Premium can be a valuable tool for job applicants, recruiters, salespeople, and business professionals.
For Job Applicants
If you’re actively looking for a job, LinkedIn Premium can give you a competitive edge.
With LinkedIn Premium, you can see who’s viewed your profile, get access to exclusive job listings, and send InMail messages to recruiters and hiring managers.
You can also use LinkedIn Premium to get insights into the skills and experience of other applicants for the same job, giving you a better understanding of what you need to do to stand out.
If you’re a recruiter, LinkedIn Premium can help you find and connect with top talent.
With LinkedIn Premium, you can use advanced search filters to find candidates with specific skills and experience, and you can send InMail messages to passive candidates who may not be actively looking for a job.
You can also see who’s viewed your job postings and get insights into the skills and experience of other recruiters who are competing for the same candidates.
For Sales and Business Professionals
If you’re in sales or business development, LinkedIn Premium can help you find and connect with leads.
With LinkedIn Premium, you can use advanced search filters to find leads with specific job titles, company sizes, and industries.
You can also see who’s viewed your profile and get insights into the companies and industries that are viewing your profile.
Additionally, you can send InMail messages to decision-makers at target companies, giving you a direct line of communication to potential customers.
In conclusion, LinkedIn Premium can be a valuable tool for job applicants, recruiters, salespeople, and business professionals.
With its advanced search filters, InMail messaging, and other exclusive features, LinkedIn Premium can help you achieve your professional goals and grow your network.
Comparing LinkedIn Premium and Free Version
If you’re wondering whether LinkedIn Premium is worth it, it’s important to understand the differences between the free version and the paid subscription.
Here’s a breakdown of what you get with each:
The free version of LinkedIn offers a range of features, including the ability to create a profile, search for jobs, and connect with other professionals.
With a free account, you can:
- Find and reconnect with colleagues and classmates
- Search for jobs and companies
- Receive job alerts and apply with your LinkedIn profile
- Follow and join groups
- Share updates and articles
- Message other LinkedIn members
LinkedIn Premium offers additional features and benefits that can help you stand out on the platform and connect with more professionals.
Some of the key features of LinkedIn Premium include:
- InMail messages: Send messages to anyone on LinkedIn, even if you’re not connected
- Profile views: See who has viewed your profile and get insights into how you’re being found on LinkedIn
- Advanced search filters: Refine your search results with more filters, including company size, seniority level, and more
- Learning courses: Access thousands of online courses to help you develop new skills and advance your career
- Applicant insights: Get insights into who is applying for jobs at your company, including their skills and experience
Is LinkedIn Premium Worth It?
Whether LinkedIn Premium is worth it for you depends on your individual needs and goals.
If you’re actively job searching or looking to build your professional network, the additional features of LinkedIn Premium may be worth the investment.
However, if you’re primarily using LinkedIn to stay connected with colleagues and share updates, the free version may be sufficient.
Fortunately, LinkedIn offers a free trial of Premium so you can test out the additional features before committing to a paid subscription.
Maximizing LinkedIn Premium
With LinkedIn Premium, you have access to a range of features that can help you maximize your reach and influence on the platform.
Here are some tips for making the most of your subscription:
- InMail Credits: Use your InMail credits to reach out to prospects, influencers, and other individuals who may be interested in your business or career. Be sure to craft personalized and compelling messages to increase your chances of getting a response.
- Views and Companies: With LinkedIn Premium, you can see who has viewed your profile and get insights into companies that interest you. Use this information to tailor your outreach and networking efforts.
- Contacts: LinkedIn Premium allows you to save and organize your contacts, making it easier to stay in touch with people who are important to your business or career. Use tags and notes to keep track of important details about each contact.
- Influence and Influencers: Use LinkedIn Premium to identify and connect with influencers in your industry. Engage with their content and build relationships with them to increase your own influence and reach.
- Prospects: Use LinkedIn Premium’s advanced search filters to find prospects who meet your specific criteria. Use tags and notes to keep track of your interactions with each prospect and tailor your outreach accordingly.
- Businesses: Use LinkedIn Premium to research and connect with businesses that interest you. Use the advanced search filters to find businesses that meet your specific criteria, and use tags and notes to keep track of your interactions with each business.
- Profile Viewers: Use LinkedIn Premium to see who has viewed your profile and get insights into their backgrounds and interests. Use this information to tailor your outreach and networking efforts.
By following these tips and using LinkedIn Premium to its fullest potential, you can increase your reach, influence, and success on the platform.
If you’re considering upgrading to LinkedIn Premium, here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
- Access to more features: With LinkedIn Premium, you get access to features that aren’t available to free users, such as InMail messages, advanced search filters, and the ability to see who’s viewed your profile.
- Increased visibility: LinkedIn Premium can help you stand out in a crowded job market by making your profile more visible to recruiters and other professionals in your industry.
- Better networking opportunities: With LinkedIn Premium, you can send messages to anyone on LinkedIn, even if you’re not connected. This can help you expand your network and connect with people who can help you advance your career.
- Industry insights: LinkedIn Premium includes access to LinkedIn Learning, which offers courses and training on a variety of topics, as well as access to LinkedIn Salary, which provides insights into salaries for different roles and industries.
- Investment: LinkedIn Premium is a paid service, so you’ll need to consider whether the benefits are worth the cost. However, if you’re serious about advancing your career or growing your business, it may be a worthwhile investment.
Overall, LinkedIn Premium can be a valuable tool for professionals looking to network, advance their careers, or grow their businesses.
However, it’s important to carefully consider the features and benefits before making the investment.