Uber was the first to offer ride-hailing services.
It was introduced in San Francisco, California, in 2009.
It is known for providing ride-hailing services across the globe in over 70 countries and 10,500 cities.
With just a few clicks on your smartphone or through your web browser, you can immediately book a ride from anywhere, anytime.
Transportation has always been one of the major concerns of the public all over the world.
When Uber came into the picture, it solved some of the issues computers have, like poor customer service, single payment method, late cars, etc.
Uber provides several different ride choices depending on your need and budget, including UberX, UberXL, Uber Black, and Uber Comfort.
Moreover, Uber provides delivery services for both freight and food through its Uber Eats and Uber Freight platforms.
How many people use Uber in 2023?
Let’s find out!
- 1 Key Statistics
- 1.1 1. How many people use Uber?
- 1.2 2. Every quarter, 1.44 billion rides are completed through Uber
- 1.3 3. Uber gained a total of $31.8 billion worth of bookings in 2022
- 1.4 4. Uber has 3.5 million registered drivers
- 1.5 5. 63% of ride-hailing customers are loyal to Uber
- 1.6 6. Uber drivers can earn up to $1,440 per week
- 1.7 7. Uber Annual Revenue
- 1.8 8. Top 10 US cities that uses Uber the most
- 1.9 9. Reasons why customers love Uber than other ride-hailing apps
- 1.10 10. Top 4 Uber features that customers love
- 2 Conclusion
- Over 93 million people actively use Uber on a monthly basis.
- 3.5 million drivers are registered with Uber.
- Uber is the preferred ride-hailing service for 63% of customers.
- In 2022, Uber generated 31.8 billion in revenue.
- Uber drivers make $1,440 on average per week.
1. How many people use Uber?
Uber has significantly changed the transportation sector.
People may now travel anywhere they want more easily and affordably thanks to Uber.
Due to its massive success, people are frequently curious about how many people use Uber.
How many people use Uber in 2023?
Uber has been actively used by over 93 million passengers each month in over 10,500 cities across 70 countries.
It has made commuting much more convenient, safe, and comfortable.
Uber is quick, easy, and cheaper than other modes of transportations such as Taxis.
People who do not own a car or who are not in the mood to drive around themselves can easily book a satisfying and safe ride through the app.
This is the reason why Uber is the biggest ride-hailing app in the United States.
2. Every quarter, 1.44 billion rides are completed through Uber
As the most famous and biggest ride-hailing app across the world, Uber has completed over 1.44 billion rides every quarter.
This data is a proof that Uber is well-positioned for possible expansion and has significantly impacted the global transportation sector.
It will be intriguing to witness how Uber changes over the next several years and how its journeys continue to have an influence on society.
3. Uber gained a total of $31.8 billion worth of bookings in 2022
The growing number of individuals traveling and commuting has increased as people have resumed their regular lifestyles as the public recovers from the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result, the need for Uber’s services has grown.
Due to this, Uber made $31.8 billion in revenue in 2022, an increase of roughly 82% from the previous year.
(Business of Apps)
4. Uber has 3.5 million registered drivers
The platform’s flexibility is one of the features Uber drivers adore.
Drivers have the option of working full- or part-time.
As of today, approximately 3.5 million drivers are registered to the platform.
To ensure the safety of its customers at all times, Uber conducts a background and security check before allowing a driver to receive a booking.
5. 63% of ride-hailing customers are loyal to Uber
Uber is the largest and longest ride-hailing app in the United States.
With its great service, affordability, and convenience, in the US, 63% of ridesharing users only use Uber.
Many factors contribute to Uber’s ride-hailing clients’ loyalty.
One explanation is that Uber is a practical and inexpensive mode of transportation.
The Uber app is simple to use and is accessible in more than 10,500 cities in more than 70 countries.
6. Uber drivers can earn up to $1,440 per week
On average, a full-time driver in Washington, D.C., working 50 hours per week, could make $1,440 a week, including tips.
The amount a driver earns will vary based on where they drive in, the hours they work, the kind of vehicle they drive, and the pricing in their region.
(Go Banking Rates)
7. Uber Annual Revenue
Uber was the first one to link passengers and drivers by simply using a smartphone app.
It has revolutionized how people travel, and it is well positioned to expand and prosper in the years to come.
With the success of this ride-hailing app, it continues to see growth in its yearly revenue.
- 2018– the platform generate an annual revenue of $11.3 billion during the year
- 2019– the platform generate an annual revenue of $14.1 billion during the year
- 2020– the platform generate an annual revenue of $11.1 billion during the year
- 2021– the platform generate an annual revenue of $17.4 billion during the year
- 2022- the platform generate an annual revenue of $31.8 billion during the year
As we can see, there has been a massive decline in the year 2020 due to the pandemic and the travel restrictions it brought to the public. But two years later, it has recovered and gained $31.8 billion revenue in 2022 alone.
(Business of Apps)
8. Top 10 US cities that uses Uber the most
Among the most populated cities in the United States, Houston, Texas has the greatest Uber market share.
Listed below are the top 10 US cities with the highest Uber market share:
- Washington DC
- New York City
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- San Francisco
9. Reasons why customers love Uber than other ride-hailing apps
- It is reliable and available almost 24/7.
Most public transportation is not available late at night.
With the existence of Uber, anyone can now travel anywhere at any time.
- It is cheaper than other ride-hailing app services.
Compared to other ride-hailing apps, in Uber, the average trip costs only about $20.
- Uber is safer than most taxis or public transportation vehicles.
Uber conducts security and background checks for its drivers.
- It is easier to use.
The Uber app is very easy to navigate and you can immediately book a ride with just a few clicks.
- It has a variety of vehicle options.
Aside from regular vehicles, Uber also offers a number of green transportation options, such as electric vehicles and bikes.
10. Top 4 Uber features that customers love
- Book now and book later
You may book a ride up to 30 days in advance, whether you’re heading to an appointment or catching an early flight.
Before your trip, you may change the specifics at any moment, and we’ll give you a reminder the day before.
- Real-time ride tracking sharing
To let your loved ones and coworkers know where you are at all times during your vacation, share your travel information in real-time.
Choose who you want to follow your journey from your contacts by swiping up and tapping “Send Status” on the app.
They’ll get an SMS with a link to monitor your travel in real time, along with the specifics of your vehicle and driver.
- Ride-sharing feature
Uber ride-sharing is a practical and inexpensive method of transportation.
Users can divide the cost of an Uber journey with other passengers.
Uber charges every credit card the same amount plus a minor transaction fee.
Because riders don’t have to use currency to pay, the Split Fare enhances the customer experience.
- Multiple drop off locations
You may add up to three more drop-offs to your route using the Uber app’s multiple drop-off locations option.
This might be useful if you need to drop off friends or family members at several locations or perform errands.
When Uber was first launched in 2009, it helped resolve some transportation issues like poor quality vehicles, unsatisfactory rides, rude and cocky drivers, harassment, unfair fare pricing, vehicle congestion, etc.
It gives commuters a better experience when it comes to commuting.
Ever since its humble beginnings in 2009, it has become the most popular ride-hailing app in the United States 14 years later with over 93 million active users.
With its amazing features, convenience, affordability, and fairness, Uber will definitely stay in the market for as long as we could imagine.
Thanks for reading our article on the number of Uber users.