As you probably know, Instagram is a social media giant that has over one billion monthly users.
This is a huge percentage of the population, and it’s also a huge number of potential clients for your business. You could end up being one of the biggest names on there – but it’s not going to come easy. In fact, engaging with your community is just getting harder and harder.
This is why many people choose to outsource their engagement to a company who knows what they’re doing. You can’t trust them all, though. Let’s review Social Shark and decide if you can trust them.
What is Social Shark?
Aside from the cheesy name, Social Shark looks like your regular Instagram growth tool.
The only thing that we don’t love about it is that they’re claiming to be the number one Instagram growth service, which we consider incredibly unlikely. There are many other companies out there who have much bigger reputations, so for a company like this to come out of nowhere and take the title straight away is too good to be true.
Let’s give them a review and decide whether they’re an Instagram bot or not.
A Review of Social Shark
First, we’ll begin with the positives:
- Secure Site: this feature is becoming more and more common as businesses start the realize the merit of having a secure https site. Not only does it benefit their customers, but it also benefits them – it means that they’re much more likely to rank on Google so that people can find them a lot easier. For the customers, it means that their information is safely stored on their database.
- Visible Pricing: Social Shark is pretty simplistic with their price points – but we must say that they are reasonable. They’ve also featured them on another webpage, which we like to see. They’ve only got two services available, and both are monthly subscriptions. This is either a good or a bad thing – we’ll let you be the judge of that.
Now, let’s talk about the negatives:
- FAQ and Help Page: Social Shark do have a support page, but all this really is is a screenshot of their homepage, pointing to the chatbox. They want you to get in touch with them if you have something you need to ask them. While this isn’t the end of the world, they could have been a little bit more forthcoming regarding information about what it is they do, you shouldn’t have to make an effort to find this type of stuff out.
- 24/7 Customer Support: we’ve established that their chatbox is for asking questions about their services. We highly doubt that this chatbox is available around the clock and being continuously monitored in case they get a question. The more likely scenario is that it’s only open during business hours, so if you want something outside of these hours, you’ll have to wait for a reply.
- Email and Phone Form: this is probably one of the biggest red flags that Social Shark has. Not having a phone and email form means that you’re not willing to be accountable to your customers. It’s important that you have this feature if you want to build ongoing relationships with people, but if you’ve only going to be around for a short time, then there’s no point.
- Real Reviews: this is perhaps the most telling feature of all. Social Shark has attempted to put reviews on their page in the hopes that you as a potential customer will be convinced of their authenticity. For us, however, it didn’t take a lot to see right through them. They’ve only got first names attached to them, and they don’t even feature photos of people who could have written them.
- Verified Payment: a lot of companies like Social Shark ask their customers to pay them through PayPal because they can’t be bothered setting up a verified payment system – they’re not going to be around long enough for it to be worth it.
Is Social Shark a Scam? Is Social Shark Safe?
At the end of the day, we don’t think that Social Shark is safe to use.
While they’ve got a couple of features on their website that is essential, they’ve missed out on too many for us to be even slightly impressed with them. What’s more, it’s evident at this point that they’re nothing more than your average Instagram bot, which means they cannot be trusted with your engagement.
Social Shark Alternatives & How it Compares
We don’t recommend Social Shark.
Social Shark Discount Coupon / Code