Etsy is the perfect place to find personalized gifts and support small businesses.
It was established in 2005 with a mission to bring together shoppers searching for unique gifts, collectibles, and products with a more personalized touch with small, independent artists, designers, and collectors.
Etsy is one of the most successful e-commerce platforms worldwide.
With its overwhelming popularity, many people are curious to know how many people use Etsy whether it is for selling or buying one-of-a-kind and personalized products.
In this article, we will walk through how many people use Etsy, Etsy’s sellers average income, Etsy’s annual revenue, and other statistical data related to Etsy’s growth as an e-commerce platform over the years.
- 1 Key Statistics
- 1.1 1. How many people use Etsy in 2024?
- 1.2 2. What is Etsy
- 1.3 3. There are 7.9 million active sellers on Etsy
- 1.4 4. In 2021, Etsy is ranked 4th as the fastest-growing e-Commerce company
- 1.5 5. 62% of Etsy sellers are from the US
- 1.6 6. An Etsy seller can earn an average of $44,000 annually
- 1.7 7. 83% of Etsy sellers are women
- 1.8 8. The pandemic has caused Etsy’s sales grew by 125%
- 1.9 9. 88% of Etsy sellers are independent
- 1.10 10. Etsy’s annual revenue in the past 5 years
- 1.11 11. Etsy’s traffic per regions
- 1.12 12. Etsy’s bestsellers
- 2 Conclusion
- There are 89.9 million active buyers on Etsy.
- Etsy is listed as the fourth-fastest-growing eCommerce platform for 2021.
- The US accounts for 62% of Etsy merchants.
- An Etsy merchant may make $44,000 on average a year.
- In 2022, Etsy generated $2.56 billion in sales.
- Etsy saw a 125% increase in sales in 2020.
1. How many people use Etsy in 2024?
Etsy is very popular since it caters a huge selection of one-of-a-kind and handcrafted products that are exclusive to the platform.
Given the platform’s enormous popularity in terms of unique, handcrafted, and personalized products, a lot of people are wondering how many people use Etsy regularly.
How many people use Etsy?
According to the data, Etsy has 89.9 million active buyers.
This figure shows that Etsy is one of the most successful e-commerce platforms globally.
2. What is Etsy
If you are looking for the most distinctive hand-crafted things online, you should try looking at Etsy.
One of Etsy’s mission is to become a place where creativity flourishes because it is supported by others.
They assist the sellers in transforming their concepts into profitable ventures.
Through the platform, independent sellers and small business owners may reach millions of customers seeking unique gifts for those special occasions in life such as weddings, birthdays, Christmas, and etc.
3. There are 7.9 million active sellers on Etsy
Etsy is a great place to sell unique and handmade goods, and it offers a wide range of tools and resources to help sellers succeed.
As of the first quarter of 2023, there are 7.9 million active sellers in Etsy.
A lot of people choose to sell their products on Etsy since it offers a variety of tools and resources to help sellers succeed in their small businesses.
4. In 2021, Etsy is ranked 4th as the fastest-growing e-Commerce company
Etsy is mostly focused on a variety of unique handcrafted products that are exclusive to Etsy.
It has become one of the go-to shopping websites for people searching for unique items.
Due to this, Etsy is pronounced as the fourth-fastest-growing e-Commerce platform in 2021.
(Thrive my way)
5. 62% of Etsy sellers are from the US
Etsy makes it relatively easy to start an online business, which is why it is popular among US entrepreneurs.
According to data, 62% of Etsy sellers are based in the United States.
(Thrive my way)
6. An Etsy seller can earn an average of $44,000 annually
In 2023, an Etsy seller can earn around $44,000 a year on average.
This amount of money demonstrates that Etsy can be a reliable source of income.
However, the average revenue of Etsy merchants varies considerably.
It solely depends on the seller, some Etsy merchants can earn significantly more than the average annual income.
(The Branded Bucks)
7. 83% of Etsy sellers are women
Arts and crafts are a popular category on Etsy, and women are more likely to be interested in arts and crafts than men.
This is why it is not a surprise that 83% of Etsy sellers are women.
This data shows that Etsy is a platform that is empowering women to start their own businesses and to achieve their entrepreneurial dreams.
(Thrive my way)
8. The pandemic has caused Etsy’s sales grew by 125%
Consumer behavior changed as a result of the pandemic, with more consumers turning to online shopping and small businesses to help.
This is the reason why the platform’s sales have reported a 125% rise in the second quarter of 2020.
9. 88% of Etsy sellers are independent
With the help of Etsy, independent sellers may sell their one-of-a-kind, handcrafted items to a large, worldwide customer base.
The site is really simple for merchants to use.
Due to this, roughly 88% of Etsy sellers are independent entrepreneurs and run their businesses by themselves.
This statistic demonstrates that Etsy is staying true to its objective to assist independent and small companies and bring the heart back into commerce.
10. Etsy’s annual revenue in the past 5 years
Etsy is a global online marketplace where people can buy and sell unique and handmade goods.
The firm has had recent years of significant expansion, which is reflected in its annual sales.
The platform generated 2.56 billion in revenue in 2022 alone.
Let’s take a look at Etsy’s annual income over the previous five years:
- In 2018, Etsy hit a $0.6 billion revenue.
- A year later, in 2019, the platform gained $0.81 billion sales.
- In 2020, Etsy hit a 1.72 billion revenue.
- Etsy hit $2.32 billion in sales in 2021.
- In 2022, Etsy gained $2.56 billion in sales.
As seen in the data above, in 2020, Etsy’s annual revenue increased by 110.8%.
This was driven by a number of factors, including the increased demand for e-commerce and the increased demand for unique and handmade goods.
(Business of Apps)
11. Etsy’s traffic per regions
Website traffic is the total number of visitors a website has.
Data indicates that American visitors make up the majority of Etsy’s traffic.
The United States accounts for 58.79% or more than half of Etsy’s traffic.
The breakdown of Etsy’s traffic sources is as follows:
- The United States of America accounts for 58.79% of Etsy’s traffic.
- It is followed by the United Kingdom with 9.45%.
- Canada places third with 4.82%.
- 3.83% of Etsy’s traffic comes from Germany.
- Australia is responsible for 2.88% of Etsy’s traffic.
12. Etsy’s bestsellers
Etsy has been one of the greatest platforms for people and their creative freedom.
In this list, we will be looking at 3 of the most popular products on Etsy based on sales.
- Handmade jewelry– Etsy is a place where a lot of handmade jewelry designers showcase their crafts. And in recent years, this kind of product has grown in popularity as it allows jewelry to be more personalized.
- Notebooks, journals, and printables– 2023 has seen a huge increase in the demand for printables, especially planners. Consumers are searching for distinctive and personalized stationery to record their thoughts, ideas, and objectives as mental health and self-care.
- Wedding and Party Supplies– Etsy has emerged as a go-to source for distinctive wedding and party materials as more individuals want to arrange their weddings and parties in a more personalized and intimate way.
(Influence Marketing Hub)
Exactly how many people use Etsy? Since its founding in 2005, Etsy has developed into one of the most well-known online marketplaces, with more than 89.9 million active shoppers and 7.9 million active merchants.
The world economy has been significantly impacted by Etsy.
Around the world, Etsy has supported small companies and helped generate employment.
Etsy has aided in fostering innovation and creativity.
Etsy will undoubtedly rank among the most well-known e-commerce platforms in the world in the years to come as these ecommerce platforms expand their markets sooner or later.