Artificial Intelligence, or AI, is one of the most groundbreaking technologies of our lifetime.
It’s already having major impacts across several industries, and its influence is expected to see continued growth.
This article will address the Artificial Intelligence statistics you need to know to understand it better.
As Artificial Intelligence gets more sophisticated, it’s crucial to monitor and track its progress to continue to understand the impact it has and can have on society.
We will be sharing statistics about this technology that show its impact and how businesses and people perceive AI.
We have gathered these statistics from a variety of reliable and trusted sources and chosen the top 20 among them.
This data should provide you with a well-rounded picture of the overall state of AI in 2023.
Let’s explore the world of Artificial Intelligence together.
- 1 Key AI Statistics
- 2 Top Artificial Intelligence Statistics in 2023
- 2.1 1. By 2027, the Global Artificial Intelligence Market Is Expected to Reach $407 Billion.
- 2.2 2. 77% of Devices in Use Feature Some Form of AI.
- 2.3 3. By 2025, It’s Predicted that There Will Be a Job Demand of 97 Million People in AI-Related Industries.
- 2.4 4. 35% of Global Businesses Have Adopted AI.
- 2.5 5. 61% of Workers Say that AI Has Led to A Boost in Productivity.
- 2.6 6. It’s Predicted that The AI Market Will Contribute $15.7 Trillion to The World Economy.
- 2.7 7. 76% of Consumers Are Worried About Misinformation from AI.
- 2.8 8. ChatGPT Achieved 1 Million Users in The First Week of Its Public Launch.
- 2.9 9. 1 out Of Every 10 Cars Are Expected to Be Self-Driving by 2030.
- 2.10 10. 25% of Companies Are Adopting AI Due to Labor Shortages.
- 2.11 11. Companies in China have had the highest AI adoption rate at 58%.
- 2.12 12. AI Could Displace an Estimated 15% of Global Workers.
- 2.13 13. Over 20 Million Manufacturing Jobs Could Be Lost to AI by 2030.
- 2.14 14. Almost 25% of Business Owners Are Worried About how AI Will Affect Their Website Traffic.
- 2.15 15. 97% of Business Owners Think ChatGPT Will Improve Their Business.
- 2.16 16. 64% of Businesses Think that AI Will Improve Their Customer Relations.
- 2.17 17. More than 60% of Business Owners Believe that AI Will Drive Sales.
- 2.18 18. 43% of Business Owners Worry About Over-Dependence on Technology.
- 2.19 19. 65% of Consumers Said They Would Still Trust Businesses that Use AI.
- 2.20 20. 68% of Respondents Said They Use AI to Draft Their Written Content.
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Key AI Statistics
- The global AI market is worth over $136 billion.
- 61% of workers say that AI has led to a boost in productivity.
- By 2027, the AI market size is expected to reach $407 billion.
- ChatGPT achieved 1 million users in its first week of launch.
- 1 out of every 10 cars are expected to be self-driving by 2030.
- Companies in China have had the highest AI adoption rate at 58%.
- AI could displace an estimated 400 million workers.
- It’s estimated that AI will create 97 million jobs.
- More than 60% of business owners think AI will improve their customer relations.
- 65% of consumers said they will still trust businesses that use AI.
Top Artificial Intelligence Statistics in 2023
1. By 2027, the Global Artificial Intelligence Market Is Expected to Reach $407 Billion.
Data shows that by 2027, the world’s AI market will be worth $407 billion (USD).
The CAGR is expected to be 36.2% during the forecast period between 2022 and 2027.
This data comes from MarketsandMarkets and reported by Globe Newswire in 2023.
2. 77% of Devices in Use Feature Some Form of AI.
The most recent data suggests that 77% of all devices use Artificial Intelligence of some kind.
For instance, 97% of mobile users use AI-powered voice assistants.
This includes devices such as laptops, desktop computers, tablets, smartphones smart speakers, smart televisions, and even in vehicles.
In terms of its voice assistant technology, Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant are the top three AI-powered voice assistants.
Moreover, over 4 billion devices have AI-powered voice assistants.
3. By 2025, It’s Predicted that There Will Be a Job Demand of 97 Million People in AI-Related Industries.
Workforce statistics have revealed that by 2025, there will be a demand of 97 million workers across AI-based industries.
This isn’t just in the computer or IT realm.
Specialists in this area will be needed across industries. If you’re a student without a major, this is something to consider.
4. 35% of Global Businesses Have Adopted AI.
Not only has 35% of business been involved in the adoption of Artificial Intelligence, 9 out of 10 organizations support AI for a competitive advantage.
That’s over one-third of the world’s businesses using Artificial Intelligence for various purposes.
5. 61% of Workers Say that AI Has Led to A Boost in Productivity.
According to data, 61% of workers say that Artificial Intelligence helps with work faster, therefore making them feel more productive.
That’s not all.
The MIT Technology Review reported that 92% of an Adobe survey said that AI is having a positive effect on their work.
Another 26% called Artificial Intelligence a “miracle”.
(MIT Technology Review, Oberlo)
6. It’s Predicted that The AI Market Will Contribute $15.7 Trillion to The World Economy.
Statistics show that the Artificial Intelligence market is forecast to contribute $15.7 trillion (USD) to the world’s economy by 2030.
This will be a sizable boost of 14% added to the world’s GDP.
Likewise, the global AI market overall is expected to reach $1.81 trillion by 2030.
7. 76% of Consumers Are Worried About Misinformation from AI.
Today’s consumers say that they have some major concerns about AI.
In fact, one survey revealed that 75% of respondents said they have major concerns about misinformation and Artificial Intelligence technology.
Moreover, 75% of consumers cited concerns over the potential job loss due to the use of AI as jobs are already being made obsolete.
(Digital Information World)
8. ChatGPT Achieved 1 Million Users in The First Week of Its Public Launch.
ChatGPT was introduced to the public in late 2022.
No more was it launched, than it reached one million users.
That happened over the course of a weeks’ time.
Moreover, by early 2023, ChatGPT has more than 100 million monthly users and counting.
We can’t say whether these numbers are from each single user as some people may have multiple ChatGPT accounts.
9. 1 out Of Every 10 Cars Are Expected to Be Self-Driving by 2030.
We have been hearing about self-driving technology for several years now, but by 2030, experts are saying that fully automated vehicles will reach $13.7 billion (USD) by 2030.
Autonomous vehicles, or AVs, are seeing and will see growth in the AI market in the coming years.
This means that at least one out of every ten cars will be self-driving.
10. 25% of Companies Are Adopting AI Due to Labor Shortages.
Since the global pandemic, it’s harder to find workers in face-to-face roles.
As industries face labor shortages, more are either adopting or considering Artificial Intelligence to resolve the issue.
In fact, an IBM report shows that 25% of companies are moving towards the adoption of Artificial Intelligence to address their labor shortages.
11. Companies in China have had the highest AI adoption rate at 58%.
Data reveals that China has the highest rate of AI implementation on the globe at a 58% rate.
India comes in second to China with 57% of Artificial Intelligence deployment.
Canada’s implementation rate stands at 28% while the United Kingdom has a 26% rate.
The United States and South Korea are tied with a 22% AI deployment rate.
(DigiTimes Asia, Forbes)
12. AI Could Displace an Estimated 15% of Global Workers.
ABC News reported that a McKinsey study revealed that AI could displace around 15% of the world’s workforce, which is equal to about 400 million people.
This is all predicted to occur between 2016 and 2030, therefore, we have already seen AI replace some jobs.
In terms of wide Artificial Intelligence adoption, this figure could be as much as 30%.
13. Over 20 Million Manufacturing Jobs Could Be Lost to AI by 2030.
In just a matter of 6-7 years, 20 million worldwide manufacturing jobs could be lost to Artificial Intelligence. This is expected to be in the form of AI-powered robots.
For perspective, this figure represents around 8.5% of the world’s workforce.
These workers will have to either develop new skills to find work or look for jobs elsewhere.
14. Almost 25% of Business Owners Are Worried About how AI Will Affect Their Website Traffic.
One survey showed that almost 25% of businesses show concern over how AI will impact their website traffic.
This means that website owners will once again have to optimize and upgrade/update their websites to compete in the new AI-generated content realm.
Small business websites could be hit the hardest, so if you own a small business website, be aware of how AI may impact your traffic.
15. 97% of Business Owners Think ChatGPT Will Improve Their Business.
Data shows that a whopping 97% of business owners think that ChatGPT will be beneficial for their businesses.
At least one out of every three businesses intend to utilize ChatGPT to create their website content (AI-generated content).
Another 44% plan to generate AI content across multiple languages.
(Forbes, Small Business Currents)
16. 64% of Businesses Think that AI Will Improve Their Customer Relations.
One study showed that 64% of businesses think that Artificial Intelligence will boost customer relations.
These same business owners also think that AI will improve their productivity.
Do you think that all customer relationships can be enhanced through AI technology?
(Content at Scale)
17. More than 60% of Business Owners Believe that AI Will Drive Sales.
More than just improving customer relationships and productivity, 60% of businesses also think that this technology will help to drive sales.
If 64% think that AI will improve customer relations, that means it will also improve the overall customer experience.
As a result, it’s highly possible that the business will see more sales.
(Content at Scale)
18. 43% of Business Owners Worry About Over-Dependence on Technology.
Interestingly, 43% of businesses have expressed concern over becoming too reliant upon technology.
Moreover, 35% have concerns about having the proper technical skills to effectively use Artificial Intelligence.
This says a lot about how businesses today are feeling about adopting AI technologies.
19. 65% of Consumers Said They Would Still Trust Businesses that Use AI.
When asked how likely they were to trust a business that uses Artificial Intelligence, 65% of consumers responded they would still trust a business that uses AI.
This includes 33% who said they were very likely to trust a business that uses AI and 32% that said they are somewhat likely to still trust a business that uses AI technology.
Furthermore, 21% said they were neither likely nor unlikely to trust a business using technology, 7% said they were somewhat unlikely to trust a business using AI, and 7% said they were very unlikely to trust a business that uses Artificial Intelligence.
20. 68% of Respondents Said They Use AI to Draft Their Written Content.
We all know that ChatGPT, Bing, and Bard are all capable of helping with written content.
In fact, 68% of United States employees who were surveyed said that they use AI to draft written content.
Another 60% said they use it for brainstorming for ideas and 50% use it for background research.
How well do you think AI written output can compare with a veteran human writer?
Data shows that 45% of respondents said that the output matches that of seasoned human workers.
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial Intelligence, referred to as AI involves computer science that deals with the creation of “intelligent agents” that can learn, reason, and be autonomous.
AI research has been very successful in the development of effective and efficient methods for solving many problems in the medical industry, in gaming, and more.
What are the Benefits of AI?
Artificial Intelligence has a lot of potential, especially in terms of revolutionizing our everyday lives.
It’s already known to boost productivity and efficiency in the business realm.
AI has also been helpful for helping to develop innovative products and services.
Also, AI has been helping solve problems.
It’s being used for self-driving cars, to enhance student learning experiences, and even for making more precise medical diagnoses.
What are the Risks of AI?
Artificial Intelligence brings potential to improve society, but like everything in life, it also comes with challenges and risks.
One concern about AI is that it could become powerful enough to pose a threat to humanity.
Also, the fact that it can be used to create autonomous weapons that can kill without human intervention is a major concern.
It’s wise to consider these risks and to ensure that there are safeguards that can help mitigate these risks.
How Does the Future of AI Look?
Artificial Intelligence is a rapidly growing and evolving field, so it’s hard to forecast with accuracy where it will lead us.
However, there are some trends we found about AI that we think you should know:
• The development of more efficient and powerful AI algorithms.
• The increasing utilization of AI in edge and cloud computing.
• The development of innovative AI applications in manufacturing, healthcare, and transportation.
• The merging of AI with other technologies like the IoT (Internet of Things) and robotics.
Now that you have the scoop on the scope of Artificial Intelligence in 2023 and beyond, what are your thoughts?
Some of these statistics are almost unbelievable while others are understandable.
If you’re a marketer, business, or employee, you now know how AI can and most likely will impact your life.
We hope that these Artificial Intelligence statistics have boosted your knowledge of this market and how it will impact the world.