Are you wondering what does the golden heart mean on Snapchat?
If you’re an avid user of the app, you’ve likely noticed the different emojis that appear next to your friends’ usernames.
The golden heart is one of these emojis, and it has a special significance.
The golden heart on Snapchat indicates that you and your friend have been each other’s #1 best friend for at least two weeks.
This means that you send the most snaps to this friend, and they send the most snaps to you.
It’s a sign that you and this friend have a strong connection on the app and communicate frequently.
But what exactly does it mean to be someone’s best friend on Snapchat?
Keep reading to find out more about this and other Snapchat emojis.
- 1 Understanding Snapchat Emojis
- 2 What Does The Golden Heart Mean on Snapchat?
- 3 Other Snapchat Emojis
- 4 Snapchat Zodiac Emojis
- 5 Snapchat Features
- 6 Snapchat and Other Platforms
- 7 Privacy and Terms of Service on Snapchat
- 8 Emojis and Unicode
- 9 Copyright and Trademark Information
- 10 Snapchat and Retail
- 11 Key Takeaways
Understanding Snapchat Emojis
Snapchat emojis are small symbols that appear next to your friends’ names on the app.
They are a fun way to express different emotions and relationships with your friends.
In this section, we will help you understand what emojis mean on Snapchat and how they work.
Snapchat emojis have different meanings based on their color and shape.
Here are some of the most common emojis and what they represent:
- 💛 Yellow Heart: You and your friend are each other’s #1 best friends. You’ve been sending snaps back and forth for at least two weeks.
- ❤️ Red Heart: You and your friend have been #1 best friends for at least two months.
- 💕 Pink Hearts: You and your friend have been #1 best friends for at least two months. You both send the most snaps to each other.
- 💯 Hundred: You and your friend have been on a snap streak for 100 days.
- 🔥 Fire: You and your friend have been on a snap streak for at least three days.
- 🌟 Gold Star: Your friend’s snaps have been replayed by you in the past 24 hours.
- 💚 Green Heart: You and your friend are each other’s best friends.
- 👶 Baby: You just became friends with this person on Snapchat.
How Emojis Work on Snapchat
Snapchat emojis are a way to show your relationship with your friends on the app.
They are automatically generated based on your interactions with each other.
For example, if you and your friend send snaps to each other frequently, you may become each other’s best friends on Snapchat and receive the 💛 Yellow Heart emoji.
It’s important to note that Snapchat emojis are private and only visible to you and your friends.
They are not public and do not appear on your profile.
To view your Snapchat emojis, go to your profile page and tap on the “Snap Map” icon.
From there, you can see your friends’ Bitmojis and their corresponding emojis.
In conclusion, Snapchat emojis are a fun way to express your relationships with your friends on the app.
They are automatically generated based on your interactions with each other and are private.
What Does The Golden Heart Mean on Snapchat?
If you see a golden heart emoji on Snapchat, it means that you and your friend have been each other’s best friend for two consecutive weeks.
The golden heart is an upgrade from the yellow heart, which means that you and your friend are each other’s number one best friend.
Snapchat uses emojis to represent different levels of friendship between users.
The golden heart is one of the unique chat emojis on Snapchat that indicates a strong bond between you and your friend.
The more snaps you send and receive to and from your friend, the more likely you are to see the golden heart.
It is important to note that the golden heart is not permanent.
If you stop interacting with your friend as much, the golden heart will disappear, and you will have to start over to get it back.
Other Snapchat Emojis
In addition to the golden heart, Snapchat has several other emojis that appear next to contact names.
These emojis indicate different levels of friendship and activity between you and your contacts.
Here are some of the most commonly used Snapchat emojis:
- Red Heart: This emoji appears next to the name of your #1 Best Friend on Snapchat. This means that you have been each other’s top friend for at least two weeks in a row.
- Pink Hearts: If you see two pink hearts next to someone’s name, it means that you have been each other’s #1 Best Friend for at least two months in a row.
- Baby: The baby emoji appears next to the name of a new Snapchat friend. This means that you and that person have just become friends on Snapchat.
- Fire: If you see a fire emoji next to someone’s name, it means that you and that person are on a Snapstreak. This means that you have been sending snaps back and forth to each other for several consecutive days.
- Hourglass: The hourglass emoji appears next to someone’s name when your Snapstreak is about to end. This means that you and that person need to send snaps to each other soon to keep the Snapstreak going.
- Grimacing Face: If you see a grimacing face emoji next to someone’s name, it means that you and that person share a mutual best friend on Snapchat.
- Hundred: The hundred emoji appears next to someone’s name when you and that person have sent each other 100 snaps.
- Face with Sunglasses: If you see a face with sunglasses emoji next to someone’s name, it means that you and that person share a mutual best friend on Snapchat.
- Yellow Heart: The yellow heart emoji appears next to the name of your #1 Best Friend on Snapchat. This means that you and that person have been each other’s top friend for at least two weeks in a row.
- Smiling Face: The smiling face emoji indicates that someone is your “BF.” A BF is one of your best Snapchat friends, although they aren’t your Bestie.
- Smirk: The smirk emoji appears next to someone’s name when you are their Bestie, but they aren’t yours.
- Birthday Cake: The birthday cake emoji appears next to someone’s name on their birthday.
Overall, these emojis add a fun and playful element to Snapchat, allowing you to easily see who your closest friends are and who you are most active with on the app.
Snapchat Zodiac Emojis
Snapchat has a feature where you can add your zodiac sign emoji to your profile.
This feature is a fun way to show off your astrological sign to your friends.
The zodiac emoji will appear next to your name on your profile and on your snapcode.
Here are the zodiac emojis and their corresponding dates:
- ♈️ Aries: March 21 – April 19
- ♉️ Taurus: April 20 – May 20
- ♊️ Gemini: May 21 – June 20
- ♋️ Cancer: June 21 – July 22
- ♌️ Leo: July 23 – August 22
- ♍️ Virgo: August 23 – September 22
- ♎️ Libra: September 23 – October 22
- ♏️ Scorpio: October 23 – November 21
- ♐️ Sagittarius: November 22 – December 21
- ♑️ Capricorn: December 22 – January 19
- ♒️ Aquarius: January 20 – February 18
- ♓️ Pisces: February 19 – March 20
Adding your zodiac emoji to your profile is a great way to show off your personality and interests.
You can use it as a conversation starter with your friends who share the same sign.
If you want to add your zodiac emoji to your profile, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to open your settings.
- Scroll down to “My Account” and tap on “Bitmoji.”
- Tap on “Edit Bitmoji” to open the Bitmoji app.
- Tap on “Avatar” and select the zodiac emoji that corresponds with your sign.
- Save your changes and your zodiac emoji will appear on your profile.
In addition to the zodiac emojis, Snapchat also has zodiac sign filters that you can use in your snaps.
These filters are a fun way to show off your sign and add some personality to your snaps.
Snapchat is a social media app that allows you to send and receive photos and videos, known as snaps, that disappear after being viewed.
Here are some of the features that make Snapchat unique:
- Snap Map: This feature allows you to see the location of your friends on a map. You can choose to share your location with all your friends or only a select few. This feature can be turned on or off as you wish.
- Snapstreaks: A Snapstreak is when you and a friend send snaps back and forth to each other for consecutive days. The number of days you have been on a Snapstreak is displayed next to your friend’s name. If you miss a day, your Snapstreak will end.
- Filters and Lenses: Snapchat offers a variety of filters and lenses that you can use to add special effects to your snaps. Some filters are location-based, while others are seasonal or holiday-themed.
- Chat: In addition to sending snaps, you can also chat with your friends on Snapchat. You can send text messages, voice notes, and even make video calls.
- Discover: Discover is a feature on Snapchat that allows you to view content from various media outlets. You can also subscribe to channels that interest you.
- Snap Map Bitmoji: You can customize your Bitmoji avatar to appear on the Snap Map. This allows your friends to see where you are on the map, represented by your personalized Bitmoji.
Overall, Snapchat offers a unique and fun way to communicate with your friends and family.
With its variety of features, there’s always something new to discover on the app.
Snapchat and Other Platforms
Snapchat is a popular social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos that disappear after a set amount of time.
One of the unique features of Snapchat is the use of emojis to indicate different types of relationships between users.
The golden heart emoji is one such emoji that has a specific meaning.
While the golden heart emoji is unique to Snapchat, other platforms have similar features that indicate the strength of a relationship between users.
For example, TikTok has a feature called “Friends” that allows users to connect with each other.
Users can follow each other, and the more you interact with someone, the more likely they are to appear on your “For You” page.
Twitter and Facebook also have features that allow users to connect with each other.
On Twitter, users can follow each other, and on Facebook, users can add each other as friends.
Both platforms offer features that allow users to see posts from people they interact with the most.
Instagram, like Snapchat, uses emojis to indicate the strength of a relationship between users.
The heart emoji is used to indicate a user’s “likes” on a post, and the more hearts a post receives, the more popular it is.
Mastodon is a decentralized social media platform that is similar to Twitter.
Users can follow each other and interact with each other’s posts.
Mastodon also has a feature called “boosts” that allows users to share other users’ posts with their followers.
Privacy and Terms of Service on Snapchat
When you use Snapchat, you may wonder what happens to your personal information and content.
According to the policy, most messages like snaps and chats are automatically deleted from their servers after they have been opened by all recipients or have expired.
However, keep in mind that other content like story posts are stored for longer.
It’s important to note that Snapchat is not responsible for any content that you share on their platform.
You are solely responsible for any content that you post, and you should be mindful of what you share.
Additionally, Snapchat may collect certain information about you such as your device information, location, and usage data.
This information is used to improve their services and provide you with a better experience.
Snapchat also has a Terms of Service that you agree to when you use their platform.
The terms outline the rules that govern your relationship with Snapchat as a user of their services.
It’s essential to read and understand these terms before using Snapchat.
Some of the key points outlined in the terms include:
- You must be at least 13 years old to use Snapchat.
- You are responsible for any content that you post on Snapchat.
- Snapchat has the right to use, modify, and distribute any content that you post on their platform.
- You are not allowed to use Snapchat for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- Snapchat may terminate your account if you violate their terms.
Snapchat also has features like screenshot notifications to help protect your privacy.
If someone takes a screenshot of your snap, you will receive a notification.
This can help you be aware of who is saving your content and take action if necessary.
Emojis and Unicode
When it comes to emojis, Unicode is the standard that makes them all possible.
The Unicode Consortium is the organization responsible for maintaining the Unicode standard, which includes assigning a unique code point to each emoji.
Emojipedia is a great resource for understanding the meaning behind each emoji.
It provides a comprehensive list of all emojis and their meanings, as well as information on how they are displayed on different platforms.
The CLDR names, or Common Locale Data Repository names, are used to describe each emoji in a standardized way.
These names help ensure that emojis are consistent across different platforms and languages.
Each emoji has a unique code point, which is a number assigned to it by the Unicode Consortium.
This code point allows the emoji to be represented in different programming languages and on different platforms.
Copyright and Trademark Information
Snapchat is a registered trademark of Snap Inc.
All rights reserved.
The use of the Snapchat name, logo, and any other trademarks or copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Snap Inc.
In addition, Apple, Microsoft, and Google are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
You should not use any of these trademarks or copyrighted materials without the express written consent of the respective owners.
Doing so may result in legal action.
It is important to respect the intellectual property of others and to ensure that you are not infringing on anyone’s rights.
If you are unsure whether your use of a trademark or copyrighted material is legal, you should consult with an attorney.
Snapchat and Retail
If you’re a retailer, you know that keeping customers coming back is essential to your success.
One way to do that is by using social media platforms like Snapchat to engage with your customers and build loyalty.
Here’s how Snapchat can help your retail store:
- Point of Sale Integration: Snapchat has integrated with point of sale (POS) systems and credit card processing companies to make it easy for customers to make purchases directly from the app. This means that customers can make purchases without ever leaving Snapchat, making the buying process more seamless and convenient.
- National Retail Solutions (NRS): NRS is a company that provides low-rate credit card processing and POS systems for retail stores. NRS has partnered with Snapchat to offer retailers access to the app’s advertising platform, allowing them to target specific demographics and reach a wider audience.
- Building Brand Awareness: Snapchat’s unique features, such as filters and lenses, can help retailers build brand awareness and engage with their customers in a fun and interactive way. By creating custom filters and lenses, retailers can encourage customers to share their experiences with their friends and followers, increasing brand exposure.
If you’re a Snapchat user, you’re probably familiar with the various emojis that appear next to your friends’ names.
One of these emojis is the golden heart, which can signify a special relationship between you and that friend.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind about the golden heart on Snapchat:
- The golden heart means that you and that friend have been each other’s #1 best friend for at least two weeks straight. This means that you and that friend have been sending each other the most snaps during this time period.
- The golden heart is a step up from the yellow heart, which means that you and that friend are each other’s #1 best friend but have not been in this position for at least two weeks straight.
- You can customize the emojis that appear next to your friends’ names by going to your settings and selecting “Manage” under the “Friend Emojis” section. From there, you can choose which emojis correspond to different levels of interaction with your friends.
- Keep in mind that the emojis on Snapchat can change frequently based on your interactions with your friends. For example, if you stop sending snaps to a friend as frequently, you may lose your #1 best friend status and the golden heart emoji may disappear.
Overall, the golden heart is a fun way to indicate a special relationship with a friend on Snapchat.
Just remember that the emojis can change frequently, so don’t get too attached to any one emoji!