If you are a YouTube content creator that wants to earn money online, the YouTube Partner Program is considered the best way to do so.
On a ground level, this program allows the creators to monetize their content with ads. In turn, these creators earn a profit based on their views.
With the help of this revenue-sharing model, both YouTube and its creators stay in business.
For instance, when a viewer watches the ads on the creator’s YouTube videos, revenue is generated.
This revenue is then split between the creator and YouTube – the latter gets 55% and YouTube gets the remaining 45%.
While it may seem that YouTube is keeping a significant chunk of the revenue for itself, you can easily earn millions with your 55%.
Some great examples include Dude Perfect and MrBeast.
In this article, we will look into everything you need to know about becoming a YouTube Partner, including the YouTube Partner Program requirements, how to join, etc.
- 1 YouTube Partner Program – The Basics
- 2 What Are Some Benefits Of Becoming A YouTube Partner?
- 3 What Are The YouTube Partner Program Requirements?
- 4 How to Join the YouTube Partner Program
- 5 Final Thoughts
YouTube Partner Program – The Basics
As we already know, YouTube is a free-to-use video platform for both creators and viewers.
With more than 1.7 billion users around the world, it is also the second largest search engine, only after Google.
In fact, YouTube’s current business model has been generating substantial profit for Google for many years now.
However, the successful working of this model also depends on the creators.
If they keep posting engaging and fresh content, advertisers will keep pouring billions of dollars into promotions.
Thanks to the YouTube Partner Program, creators that reach the mentioned criteria can opt for the program.
In doing so, these creators reap a significant percentage of the ad revenue.
As we mentioned before, YouTube holds 45% of the ad revenue share. Because YouTube does not charge its users any fee, it is still a great deal.
Since YouTube is a business, it needs to keep its advertisers happy.
Therefore, YouTube does not allow all its users to participate in the YouTube Partner Program.
The platform will first discern whether your channel is capable of building a dedicated following.
Additionally, it will also look into what types of content you plan on posting.
What Are Some Benefits Of Becoming A YouTube Partner?
Before we look into the requirements of becoming a YouTube Partner, let us first look into some benefits.
Becoming a YouTube Partner will offer opportunities to access additional money-making opportunities and robust resources.
While you can join the program for free, you will still have to meet some criteria, which we have discussed in the next few sections.
Here, let us look into some benefits of becoming a YouTube Partner:
One of the most important benefits of becoming a YouTube partner is that you can start monetizing your videos.
If you meet the site’s community guidelines, YouTube will start adding targeted ads to all your uploads.
You do not have to worry about the ads interfering with your videos.
Since the ads appear on targeted content, they will receive more clicks, thereby increasing your ad revenue.
2. Upload Anywhere Besides YouTube
Even if you become a YouTube Partner, it does not mean that you have to upload content exclusively on YouTube.
This means that you can upload your content across other networks without compromising on your monetization, thanks to the non-exclusive agreement between the Partners.
3. Global Audiences
It is clear that YouTube has a massive number of users from all parts of the world.
Once you become a Partner, you will get more promotion on your content, apart from the various ad programs that run on your content.
The promotions can also be done offline and on other websites.
Thanks to the extra promotion, you can keep uploading videos and reach more audiences.
4. Developmental Programs And Tools
YouTube also provides various types of developmental programs and tools to its Partners that they can use to improve content.
Access to these analytical tools and a community of fellow Partners help creators learn how to make better content, etc.
With better content, you will be able to increase your fan base and increase your Partner revenue.
When you upload content on YouTube, you will get all the distribution rights and copyrights.
Non-Partners have to give YouTube the right to manage their videos as the site sees fit.
However, you should know that if your videos contain non-original content, like music, you will still have to receive permission from third parties before proceeding to upload the video.
6. More Exposure
Videos uploaded by YouTube partners are often displayed at the top of the search results. This way, your content gets more exposure.
Your videos are also synced with YouTube partner websites so that you get more reach outside the primary YouTube channel and website.
With the help of additional exposure, your videos will get more exposure.
Your content will not get lost in the sea of new videos uploaded daily.
As a YouTube Partner, you will be provided with a wide range of customization features.
For example, you can change the look of your channel to match your brand or business.
You can also create unique skins for your channel page.
All these customization features will ensure that your channel looks unique and gets more exposure.
What Are The YouTube Partner Program Requirements?
Before you can start your journey as a full-time YouTuber, you will have to join the YouTube Partner Program so that you can start earning your revenue.
Here are the YouTube Partner Program requirements that you need to meet:
- You will strictly have to adhere to YouTube’s Community Guidelines. You will learn all the best practices for content creators that make YouTube a safe space.
- You will have to comply with YouTube’s monetization policies. Here, you will read about what you can do to earn money with the content you plan on uploading.
- You reside in a region or country where the YouTube Partner Program is available. Some eligible markets include Italy, the United States, Spain, etc.
- Creators need to have minimum valid public watch hours of 4,000 hours in the last 12 months. This means your channel needs to have the minimum traffic level for the YPP.
- Your channel needs to have a minimum of 1,000 subscribers.
- Finally, your YouTube account needs to be linked to an AdSense Account.
How to Join the YouTube Partner Program
Now that you have an idea about the requirements, let us now look into how to join the YouTube Partner Program:
- Head over to YouTube and sign in with your Google account. This channel will now be your official YouTube channel that you will submit for the YouTube Partner Program.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the screen and tap on your profile picture or username.
- Tap on the Accounts Settings option. Here, head over to Channel Settings and tap on the Monetization option.
- Look for a blue/white button labeled Enable My Account and click on it.
- You should see a pop-up window; this is the Monetization Agreement Page. Tap on all three checkboxes and then click on the ‘I Accept’ button.
- Another pop-up window will open called Monetize My Videos. Here, you will see three options:
- Overlay In-Video Ads
- Videos Has a Product Placement
- True View In-Stream Ads
- Find the Monetize My Videos menu and tap on the Monetize button to continue.
Once you complete the process successfully, you will start seeing banner ads, which will run automatically on your channel.
In most cases, all the ads will be relevant to the type of content that you post on your registered YouTube channel.
These ads will start popping up directly based on the descriptions and tags of the uploaded video.
As a YouTube partner, the company cannot interfere with what types of content you upload, etc.
Everything is done at the parent company’s discretion, Google.
Overall, the process is just a one-time method that does not have to be repeated.
Once the YouTube Partner Program is enabled, all your future uploads will have the ad feature.
We hope that we could provide you with everything you need to know about the YouTube Partner Program requirements.
If you have any questions, you can let us know in the comment section.