If you want to know what is an Instagram reel, you are in the right place.
Whether you are a business trying to generate brand awareness or an individual who wants to attract more followers, reels are an excellent way to reach your goals.
In this article, we’ll found out what Instagram reels are, and how can you create one?
What is an Instagram Reel?
Reels on Instagram is a recently launched feature that lets you post videos up to 90 seconds long.
They are vertical videos that take up the entire phone screen. You can pick sounds, audio, and songs from an extensive in-platform library or upload your own.
A typical reel can have filters, interactive backgrounds, stickers, call to actions, stickers and more.
Since its launch, reels have become an instant hit among the users.
This is because creating reels is simple, and you can customize your content with freedom.
Instagram’s algorithm also rewards engaging reels by promoting them.
The social media giant has a dedicated interface where the algorithm shows trending reels based on the content you spend most time-consuming on the platform.
But you can also find reels in the Explore Tab and in your feed from the people you follow.
If you have posted a reel from your account, you can find it in your profile by tapping on the video icon.
According to a statistic: Reels receive 22% more interactions from users compared to standard video posts.
This has inspired millions of talents to become niche influencers, allowing them to partner with brands to educate customers, and promote products to the relevant audience segments.
How to Create Reels on Instagram?
Creating reels on Instagram is simple. Follow the below steps to create and post one:
- Tap on the plus icon after launching the Instagram application.
- Click on “Reel”
- Press and hold the record button to capture a video or upload a video footage from your camera roll.
- After recording the video, add stickers, text and apply other edits.
- Tap “Next” in the bottom-right corner to add a cover image for your video. You can pick an image from your camera roll, or simply choose a frame from the video.
- Add a caption, tag people, location and rename your audio which will show in other user’s reels, and they can use the audio.
- Enable or disable automatically generated captions.
- Pick whether you want to post the reel to your feed along with the reels tab on your account.
- Tap on the Share button at the bottom of the screen to post the reel.
How to Apply Edits to Your Instagram Reel?
After you record your reel, Instagram offers you many editing options you can apply to your video to make it more intuitive.
Let’s discuss the editing options:
- Audio: The audio option lets you pick an audio from the Instagram music library or import one from your device.
- Timer and Countdown: You can use the timer feature to set a period to record your clips hands-free. There’s also a countdown button which will give a few seconds to grasp your breath before the recording begins.
- Align: You can use the align button, which lets you align objects from a previous clip before recording your next. This Is great when you are recording transition- based videos. For instance, changing outfits, or adding new music.
- AR Effects: These are effects created by creators around the world and Instagram to help you record multiple clips with different effects.
- Speed: This feature lets you change the speed of your reel. You can choose between.3x,.5x, 2x, 3x, or 4x.
- Length: You can use this feature to make your video 15, 30, 60, or 90 seconds long.
- Dual: Using the dual feature, you can record videos using your front and rear cameras at the same time.
- Layout: The layout option lets you adjust the layout of your video and add one or more recordings to the frame.
There you have it.
Now you know what an Instagram reel is.
You also know how to create reels and edit them using in-platform features.
Reels are an excellent way to raise brand awareness, influence the audience and promote products with algorithm favored short-videos. I hope this article helps.