2021 Update: Are Instagram bots dead? They are not! There are just a lot fewer services to choose from now. So it’s more important than ever to pick a service that keeps your account safe.
There are a number of popular social media platforms these days that mean you can connect with people a million miles away.
This is great if you want to find like-minded people, but this isn’t the only thing you can use social media platforms for. In fact, social media platforms like Instagram are the new way to advertise your business, whether you’re online or not.
Additionally, you can find some great third-party companies that can help you with your online engagement. Let’s give one of these companies a review.
What is Social Shop?
SocialShop is an online marketing company that specializes in ‘real’ engagement for your social media accounts, including Instagram.
With a company like this, the likely scenario is that they’re a bot, which means that they use automated software to execute the engagement that they do on your behalf.
While this isn’t the worst thing, it’s not the best thing, either – automated engagement on platforms like Instagram can red flag your account and make you a target that could inevitably lead to your suspension or complete ban.
Let’s give SocialShop a review and determine whether you should affiliate yourself with them or not.
A Review of SocialShop
Initially, we’ll cover the positives:
- Secure Site: Social Shop has ticked the first and most important box of owning and operating a company out of a website. Having a secure https website is an essential level of security and accountability – it means that their information and the client’s details will be safe from hackers.
- Visible Prices: Social Shop has worked hard to make their prices as understandable as possible. They’ve even got separate pages for different social media platforms, so it’s abundantly clear which social media site you’re buying for.
Now, let’s talk about the negatives of SocialShop:
- FAQ and Help Page: Social Shop does have an email template where you can contact them if need be. However, we couldn’t find a specific FAQ page anywhere that can help you find out more about their services before you give them your money. This is definitely a red flag.
- 24/7 Support: if Social Shop can’t work out how to create an FAQ and help page, they’re certainly not going to go the extra mile and have a customer support team that you can contact any time of the day or night. This is a standard feature to have in a company that values accountability and looking after the customer.
- Email and Phone Form Present: we couldn’t seem to find an email and phone form connected to any of their price points. This makes sense if they’re looking for one-off payments and operating their services out of an automated system – but it’s not very good customer accountability.
- Real Reviews: there was nowhere on Social Shop’s website where we could find genuine reviews about their services and conduct as a business. This is the biggest red flag of all – either they’re too new to have built a reputation yet, or they’re not a good business to be affiliated with, and you should avoid them.
Is SocialShop a Scam? Is SocialShop Safe?
We’re going to get straight to the point and say that Social Shop isn’t safe to use.
While they appear to be an organic follower and liker service for social media platforms like Instagram, unfortunately, they’re nothing more than an automated bot that’s going to put your account at risk potentially.
It’s better to avoid these types of companies if you can – better to be safe than sorry.
Social Shop Alternatives & How it Compares
Latest posts by Stefan Campbell (see all)
- Vital Duties That No Small Business Should Handle By Themselves - April 9, 2021
- What To Look For In A Translation Service - April 9, 2021
- Is Spin Selling Still Relevant For B2B Telemarketing In 2021? - April 9, 2021