2021 Update: Are Instagram bots dead? They are not! There are just a lot fewer services to choose from now. So it’s more important than ever to pick a service that keeps your account safe.
We know how hard it can be to find the enthusiasm to keep up with your engagement. While it may have been fun in the beginning, it’s now seen as more of a chore and something you need to do each day in order to keep up with everyone else. Engagement, when done right, can take hours on end, which you just don’t have.
This is why there are companies out there now who can take over your engagement for you. However, there are definitely some companies that you shouldn’t check out. Let’s give one a review and decide whether they’re trustworthy.
What is Social Mortal?
Social Mortal say that they are a management and growth service that is powered by a ‘dedicated team of experts’ who by doing what they do grow your Instagram engagement for you.
They claim to make getting followers super easy and say that you just have to answer a few of their questions so that they can get a better understanding of your overall goals and wants. They look to us like just another Instagram bot, which will eventually get shut down. Let’s give them a proper review.
A Review of Social Mortal
First, we’ll look at the positives:
- Visible Pricing: Social Mortal feature their price points in a clear and concise way – however, they have only put them on their homepage, and haven’t created a completely new page for them. This is disappointing – we would prefer it if they put them on a different page and didn’t just feature everything on their homepage.
- FAQ and Help Page: this is another feature that they have included, but it’s only on their homepage once again. With features like this, it’s important to give them an entirely new webpage, otherwise, you can get pretty confused about where to find out more information. You have to scroll quite far down the homepage to get here, which we don’t like at all. However, they seem to have covered most of the FAQs necessary, which we like.
Now, let’s talk about the negatives:
- Secure Site: we’re actually pretty surprised to find a website that hasn’t secured their site with https. These days because of Google and the ranking system, most people make sure that their website is secure with https – otherwise, new clients are going to have a lot of trouble finding you. It shows to us that they’re not too concerned about security, which could imply they’re not in this for the long haul.
- 24/7 Customer Help: while it does seem that Social Mortal has included quite a bit of information about their company and what it is they do for you online, they have missed out a very important feature – around the clock customer service. We will admit that this feature is expensive, because you have to employ people full time, but it’s worth it and essential if you’re charging people for a service. Without this, you’re going to find it difficult to get in touch with them when you need it.
- Email and Phone Form: this is potentially the most important feature when it comes to accountability that a company like this needs to have. This is because it shows the customer that the company is prepared to take their information and store it safely away for when they need to contact you about certain things, like changes to the system or updates. Without this, there is no way for them to contact you, which we don’t like too much.
- Real Reviews: we couldn’t even find reviews that are pretending to be real on Social Mortal’s website. Unfortunately, there’s no evidence of any reviews anywhere, which tells us two things – they’re new to the game, which is acceptable, and they don’t have any positive reviews about them yet. While this could have a totally innocent explanation, the reality could be a lot grimmer. Either way, it’s recommended that you have real reviews on your website.
- Verified Payment Gateway: this is perhaps the most important feature when it comes to the security side of things – without this, people can’t safely enter their credit card details without the risk of them being hacked. This is definitely a red flag that we will take into consideration.
Is Social Mortal a Scam? Is Social Mortal Safe?
At the end of the day, we don’t think that Social Mortal is safe to use.
While they have made their website aesthetically pleasing, they haven’t put enough work into it to make it user-friendly. We don’t like that we have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the homepage just to get to their FAQs and price points.
Additionally, it looks like they are nothing more than an Instagram bot – their website only became live this year, and their price points are expensive – definitely, more than you should be paying. We don’t think you should use these guys at all.
Social Mortal Alternatives & How it Compares
We don’t recommend Social Mortal.
Social Mortal Discount Coupon / Code
Latest posts by Stefan Campbell (see all)
- Sony Net Worth 2021 - January 14, 2021
- How to Launch a Successful Woodworking Business From Home - January 13, 2021
- CGMPs and GLPs: The Similarities and Differences - January 12, 2021