2021 Update: Are Instagram bots dead? They are not! There are just a lot fewer services to choose from now. So it’s more important than ever to pick a service that keeps your account safe.
If you’ve been trying to grow your Instagram account for a while now, you may be aware that there are third-party companies out there that can help you with it.
Whether you need help scheduling upcoming content, or you just need someone to take over the engagement side of things, there are plenty of options to choose from.
However, the industry has become bigger than ever, which means that there are just as many companies that you should avoid, like ones that you should check out. With this in mind, let’s review Socialfollow.
What is Socialfollow?
Socialfollow says on their website that they can help their clients get free Instagram followers, the easy way.
Immediately, this is a red flag for us – the words ‘free’ and ‘easy’ usually imply low quality – or even a scam.
They say that you don’t need to fill out a survey to get your free followers, and you don’t even need to share your Instagram password with them.
When you sign up with them, you can add more than one Instagram account.
Socialfollow says that if you want to get your free followers, you have to be specific about the niche of your account. This is so relevant accounts can then follow you back.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll then get 10 people that you have to follow. Then you have to verify your actions with Socialollow.
It seems pretty simple – but is it the best option for your Instagram account?
A Review of Socialfollow
We’ve done a review of Socialfollow so that we can figure out if they’re worth your time or not.
Let’s review them.
We’re going to start out with the positives:
- Secure Website: we are somewhat surprised to see that Socialfollow has secured its website with https. While this is more common these days, you can still catch companies out for not doing it. The main reason why companies don’t do it is that it’s an extra expense they don’t want to have to pay. However, it’s vital for being a credible brand because it keeps clients’ information safe from phishing and hackers. It also implies that the company is invested in being around for a while.
- Visible Pricing: this one is almost like a trick question because Socialfollow works on the premise of free Instagram engagement. Technically, this means that they don’t necessarily have to have any visible prices, and to their credit, we do think that they’re laid out their website nicely. They have put as much information out there as they think potential clients will need, and it’s enough for us to figure out what they’re all about.
- FAQ and Help Page: we did see an FAQ section on Socialfollow’s homepage – but this is where they let us down. We were disappointed that they simply placed their FAQs at the bottom of their homepage. We prefer it when companies make a completely new page for their FAQs – it is just a bit more professional and proves to us that they care about their customers slightly more than just being able to make them money.
Now, the negatives:
- 24/7 Customer Support: to their credit, Socialfollow does have a contact tab where you can get in touch with them if something isn’t right. However, this doesn’t translate into 24/7 customer support, which is a pretty essential feature to have when you’re running an everchanging software system. We’re disappointed to note that they haven’t put the time, effort, or money into a customer support team. This also means that as the customer, you may come up against some difficulty getting help at times when you need it, which could be cause for frustration.
- Email and Phone Form: this is perhaps one of the most underrated features that an automation company like Socialfollow could include on their website. An email and phone form gets new customers to fill out their details when they first sign up so that Socialfollow can be in touch with them if anything goes wrong, or there are updates to the service. Not having this is a complete lack of accountability with the customer, and makes us question the credibility of the brand as a whole.
- Real Reviews: this one is a difficult thing to judge because there is every chance that the reviews on Social Follow’s website are real. However, there is every chance that they aren’t too, and that the Instagram users have been paid to review them. At the end of the day, it’s up to you whether you think they are real or not, but just know that there is a small chance they could be endorsed.
Is Social Follow Safe to Use?
At the end of the day, we don’t think that Social Follow is safe to use. While they do seem to cover quite a few things on their website, and for all intents and purposes seem to be an above-board company, we just couldn’t seem to connect the dots.
We don’t like that they just give away free followers in exchange for seemingly nothing. There will always be a catch with this kind of thing, and it’s the kind of catch that we don’t think is worth it at all.
At the end of the day, we suggest opting for something else that covers all the bases and has a well-established reputation among current and past clients.
Socialfollow Alternatives & How it Compares
We don’t recommend Socialfollow.
Latest posts by Stefan Campbell (see all)
- Vital Duties That No Small Business Should Handle By Themselves - April 9, 2021
- What To Look For In A Translation Service - April 9, 2021
- Is Spin Selling Still Relevant For B2B Telemarketing In 2021? - April 9, 2021