2020 Update: Are Instagram bots dead? They are not! There are just a lot fewer services to choose from now. So it’s more important than ever to pick a service that keeps your account safe.
There’s a good chance you already know that there are now many ways to implement your Instagram engagement without having to do it yourself. When Instagram first began, it was possible to spend time during the day engaging with your community. However, competition on Instagram has increased which now means that its virtually impossible to do so – you would need to do it all day to make it possible.
This is why a lot of people on Instagram now outsource their engagement, and there are some great companies who can help you with this. However, there are also companies you should avoid, too. Let’s give one a review and decide which camp they belong to.
What is SoGro?
If you visit the SoGro website, you’ll see that they claim to gain active, real followers for your Instagram account. They say that they post the content for you so that you can grow and gain the exposure you need. They even offer a free ten-day trial, which in the world of Instagram marketing is pretty generous. However, there is always the risk that they’re nothing more than just another generic Instagram bot. You don’t really want to associate with a bot because it could get your account banned. Let’s give them a review and see how they do.
A Review of SoGro
We’ll begin with the positives:
- Secure Site: it wasn’t that long ago that we really struggled to find an Instagram marketing website that https secured their content. These days, it’s almost impossible to find one that doesn’t do this, which is definitely a good thing. This is one of the first security measures you need to make sure you have, for two reasons. The first is that you rank a lot better on Google, and the second is that your customer’s information is going to be safe when stored on your website.
- Visible Pricing: this feature is a little confusing to us, but we’ll put it in the positive column anyway. They have made a separate webpage for their pricing which we like to see, but when you visit this page, the prices are faded and difficult to see. We expect that this means you have to sign up for their service before you get to actually see how much they are, which we don’t like so much.
- FAQ and Help Page: this is another feature that’s important to put on a separate webpage which we’re pleased to see So Gro have done. Having an FAQ and help page means that you can find out as much as possible about them as a business before you commit to anything. While we’re disappointed with the pricing issue, we are pleased to see that they have FAQs to help you find out more about their company.
- Real Reviews: this one is pretty interesting because it’s not often that you find genuine positive reviews on these types of websites. However, we have to give it to So Gro and say that the reviews on their site are in fact real. They are attached to real Instagram usernames, and they are long and detailed – there’s nothing generic about them. While they could have paid people to say these things, we’ve got to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they are real.
Now, let’s talk about the negatives:
- 24/7 Customer Support: while So Gro does have a chatbox in the bottom right-hand corner that pings when you first visit the website, asking you if you need any help. While this is a great feature to have, we highly doubt that it operates on a 24/7 basis. A lot of these companies have chatboxes that only operate within business hours, so outside of these hours you would just have to leave a message and they would get back to you the next day. This doesn’t bode well if you have an urgent issue with their service.
- Email and Phone Form: having a phone and email form that your customers can fill out helps you to safely store their information on your database, should you need to get in touch with them further down the track. Without this, you won’t be able to inform existing clients of updates or changes to the service.
- Verified Payment Gateways: setting up your payment gateway so that it is safe from hackers is an important part of the process, but it’s also an expensive part, too. This is why a lot of companies like this opt for PayPal as their main payment gateway. This means that if you enter sensitive information, you may find that it is at risk of being hacked.
Is SoGro a Scam? Is SoGro Safe?
We don’t believe that SoGro is safe to use. While they have included a number of important features on their website, unfortunately, they haven’t been able to tick all of the boxes. They don’t feature some essential security measures that would make them safe to use, so we cannot condone them as a company.
What’s more, they have revealed themselves to be nothing more than another average Instagram bot, which means you should avoid them if you don’t want to get your Instagram account banned. In a world where there are so many options for your Instagram marketing, it’s best to pick something that’s not going to get your details hacked or your account banned.
SoGro Alternatives & How it Compares
We don’t recommend SoGro.
|Stellation Media||Growth Service|
|Social Clout Club||Real Followers|
SoGro Discount Coupon / Code