It wasn’t that long ago that engaging with your community was an enjoyable pastime.
Seeing who followed you and what they said about your content really motivated you to get more out there.
Nowadays, however, it’s almost impossible to achieve the same level of engagement without blocking out your entire schedule. This is why there are companies out there who can do it for you. However, they’re not all worth trying.
Let’s give one of them a review and see if you should avoid them or not.
What is Pimp My Gram?
Pimp My Gram is a vivacious, colorful testament to Instagram engagement.
We believe that they want to convey how fun engaging with your community can be, and how much they’d like to do this for you. They talk about how they will target your audience for you so that you don’t have to.
They even offer a free trial so you can try before you buy.
We’re almost convinced that they’re just another bot. Let’s give them a review.
A Review of Pimp My Gram
We’re going to begin with the positives:
- Secure Site: like most of these companies that you come across these days, Pimp My Gram have managed to secure their website with https. If you’re not too sure what this is, it means that everything they store on their site, including your information, is safe from hackers. It also means that they will rank on Google, so it won’t be too hard for you to find them.
- FAQ and Help Page: they do have an FAQ page – or kind of a page. While they’re not found on the homepage, they are featured on another page with other information, like reviews. So they’ve almost managed to impress us with this one, but not quite – we prefer it when companies like this have a separate page for their FAQs.
- Visible Pricing: this is another feature they’ve remembered to include, which is critical of course because you want to know the price of something before you buy it. It also means that you may just avoid any hidden costs further down the track – it’s going to be much harder for them to put this kind of thing on you when you’ve already seen a price.
- Real Reviews: this one is particularly confusing to us, so we’ve decided to put it in the positives list. They do have reviews, and they are signed by first and last names. They also seem to be detailed and descriptive enough to be real, and you could almost be convinced by the photos. Our fear, however, is that they’re fake reviews that are using fake or stolen names and fake or stolen photos. For now, however, we’ll say they’re real.
Now, we’ll talk about the negatives:
- 24/7 Customer Support: what’s interesting about this one is that they’ve actually included an email template and a picture of someone with a headset, which automatically gives you the impression that they have a committed team of customer service representatives who can help you whenever you need it. However, our thoughts are that all it is is an email server, which you message and then wait who knows how long for a reply.
- Email and Phone Form: with companies like these who offer cheap(ish) services and simple plans, there’s a good chance that they don’t want to stick around for too long. For this reason, then, they don’t make you fill out a phone and email form when you commit.
- Verified Payments: if you come across a company like this who hasn’t secured their payment system, don’t put your credit card details in. They could be hacked.
Is Pimp My Gram a Scam? Is Pimp My Gram Safe?
Generally speaking, we don’t think that Pimp My Gram is safe to use.
While they’re colorful and appealing, especially to a younger crowd, it doesn’t take long to dig a little deeper and discover all of the features that they lack. On top of this, they’re nothing more than your run of the mill Instagram bot, which means they’re not offering anything more or better than anyone else out there.
For this reason, it’s best to go with someone a lot better who has all of these features.
Not only do we think their name is cheesy, but it’s also illegal. Instagram has copyrighted the phrase ‘gram’ which means that other companies are not permitted to use it in their brand name.
Pimp My Gram Alternatives & How it Compares
We don’t recommend Pimp My Gram.