Do you want to connect with other Twitch streamers with the same interest as yours?
With the Twitch Stream Team, you can support and collaborate with like-minded people.
But how to make a team on Twitch?
Well, we have got you covered!
Being part of a Twitch Team helps streamers promote more significant social interaction, community growth, and good working relationships.
Keep reading to learn how you can make your team on Twitch!
- 1 Requirements
- 2 How To Make A Team On Twitch: Step-by-Step Guide
- 3 How to Make a Team Without Partner Status
- 4 How to Find Team Members
- 5 How to Add Members to Your Twitch Team
- 6 Conclusion
Before diving right into the steps to create a team, let’s first have a look at what you need to be able to make a Twitch team.
The first thing you need is a Twitch account to stream and make teams. Here is how you can do that;
- Go to Twitch’s main website.
- Click/tap on the sign-up button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Fill out the form to sign up for a new Twitch account.
- You must provide your data like username, password, email address, or phone number.
- Verify the email address you will be using, and that is all.
If you are a beginner, you will receive a non-affiliate program automatically. But to gain affiliate status, ensure you have 50 followers and an average of 3 viewers.
If you stream 8 hours for 7 different days, it will be easy to fulfill this requirement.
Next, you will have to stream 25 hours in 12 days for a Path to Partner achievement. An average of 75 viewers for you is another obligation that you will have to fulfill.
Although it is a time taking process, it is essential as only partners can make teams on Twitch. Now that you know about the requirements, let’s learn how to make a team on Twitch.
How To Make A Team On Twitch: Step-by-Step Guide
1. Login to Your Account
The first step is to log in to your main account. This particular account will be your lead account. After creating a team, you can only use this account to manage your team. So choose wisely. You cannot change it later.
2. Open a Ticket
The next step is to open a ticket. To do so,
- Go to the Twitch Support page.
- Request the Twitch support team to create a group.
- Add the subject to the ticket request. For example, in this case, you must write “Making a Twitch Team.”
- Provide Details
You will be asked to provide the following details to Twitch support.
Take your time and decide your team’s name, which people will immediately recognize. Your name will become your stream brand. So, choose a name that defines you and your team’s purpose.
If your team’s purpose is to stream a particular group of people, you must look out for the theme to decide its name.
Team Page URL
You will have to submit a team page link too. It can be your own choice. But make sure you follow the proper format for the URL, www.twitch.tv/team/teamname.
Provide your account again. This account will be connected to your team. If you want to customize your team or manage it, you can access it through this account.
3. Wait for Twitch Support
The last and final step is to wait for the Twitch support response. It will take almost 7 business days to get a response. If you have completed the Path to Partner achievement, this method applies to you.
After the approval, you can access your team by logging in to your account and inviting people.
How to Make a Team Without Partner Status
Making the team on Twitch is relatively easy. But it can take you a lot of time to earn partner status. If you cannot work that much (25 hours, 12 days, 75 viewers), then you can make your team by following ways.
Connect with Partner Streamers on Facebook
You have to connect with different streamers on Twitch, mainly with the partner status. You can easily find some on social media platforms. Facebook can be your best bet.
Join some Twitch streamer groups, for example, Twitch Streamers and Networking (TSAN). You can request them to co-create a team with you.
Connect with Partner Streamers on Reddit Twitch Forums
You can find some harmonious streamers on Reddit too. All you have to do is convince one to create a team for you as a co-founder. This way, you can have your team in no time, mainly without completing the 25 streaming hours and 75 viewers requirements.
Ask a Streamer on their Discord Channel
Another way to look for a potential partnered streamer is on Discord. Several partnered streamers will be interested in creating a team but need help managing it. You could collaborate with such a streamer.
How to Find Team Members
After creating a team, you will want streamers to join your team. Networking is essential for your channel to grow. You can search for streamers online. Let’s learn how you can do it.
- Put up an Invitation on your channel bio. People can join your team through it.
- You can ask your friends to join your team.
- Put up an invitation post on Facebook groups, Reddit forums, and Discord groups of Twitch streamers.
- The best method is to invite streamers personally. This way, you can save time looking through hundreds of applications.
How to Add Members to Your Twitch Team
Now that you have found members for your team, follow these steps to add them to the team.
- Select your Avatar in the top corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Select the “Channel and Videos” tab.
- Go to the “My Teams” section.
- Click “Edit,” and it will take you to the team dashboard.
- Scroll down to see all your members under the “Members” section. You can add members here.
Now that you know how to make a team on Twitch, you can quickly grow a strong community of streamers.
Creating and managing your Twitch teams can take you to the next level. It can prove to be a heads-up for your streaming career. However, dedication, commitment, proper time, and organization are critical factors.