Unfortunately, YouTube does not offer a ‘lock’ option when you’re watching videos, which can be very frustrating.
Any time your unintentional finger touches the screen and the film abruptly pauses, skips, or rewinds, you’ll be annoyed by this (just some possibilities).
So, how to lock the screen on YouTube while playing your favorite video?
Don’t worry if you want to find the answer as this guide contains everything you need to know on how to lock screen on YouTube.
How To Lock Screen On YouTube On Android Phone
Android devices have a function called “Screen Pinning” that lets users pin any program to the home screen, such as YouTube.
Pinning the screen to the home screen means only the pinned app can be used on the device.
One such software is the ubiquitous YouTube. This function limits the kids’ app usage to YouTube and blocks access to any others.
The procedure for enabling screen pinning is as follows:
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your Android device.
- Choose “Security” from the option that drops down.
- Next, go to the menu and pick the “Advanced” option.
- “Screen Pinning” is a feature in the “Advanced” menu.
- If you can’t find “Screen Pinning,” look in the “Lock Screen and Security” section of your Android’s settings.
- Make sure the setting is enabled on your Android device.
- Launch the app now and use the Pin button to prevent others from using YouTube.
Is It Possible To Lock The iPhone Screen While Watching YouTube?
Even in full-screen mode, you may continue to use the touchscreen functionality.
Now is the time to use the lock screen shortcut.
A message will be displayed on the screen if the power button is continually pressed.
You can either use Smart Invert or the Guided Access options.
In order to activate Guided Access, press the button. Whenever Guided Access has been enabled, you will receive a notification.
To activate Guided Access, press the power button twice before selecting.
Once you confirm the login you set up beforehand, the movie will play with the Guided Access options.
Why Lock the YouTube Screen?
Touchscreen sensitivity on smartphones has improved greatly in recent years. On the other hand, unintentional tapping is par for the course while using touchscreen devices.
Most modern smartphones use touchscreens in place of cursor buttons, making it more likely for the elderly and children to make accidental inputs, especially when watching videos on sites like YouTube.
As a general matter, kids are always on the lookout for something new to play with, learn, or discover.
Users constantly interact with the screen in various ways, including touching and swiping as they switch between screens and menus.
There are likely videos in your YouTube history that include opinions you would like your kids not to see.
They could cause unwanted changes if they stray into other apps.
In this situation, locking the YouTube screen is a simple option. But how do you go about really carrying it out?
Let’s take a look at YouTube’s screen-locking options on iOS.
How To Lock The YouTube Screen On iOS?
iPhone’s screen lock function can prevent the screen from accidentally being pressed while streaming a YouTube video.
The steps to take are as follows:
- Open the YouTube app.
- To do this, go to the top of any YouTube page and click the three dots. The usual layout for these three buttons has them aligned vertically in the bottom right corner of the display.
- A drop-down menu will appear once you select that alternative. Find the term “settings” in that collection of options.
- The settings section includes the option “general,” which will be discussed next.
- In the “General” menu, click the “Accessibility” tab.
- Lastly, the ‘Guided Access’ feature may be found in the settings menu’s availability feature drop-down menu.
- The ‘guided access’ option should be activated if it is not currently.
- If you wish to activate or deactivate the locking function, you can do so by entering a passcode, which you can set up at your own discretion.
- Password-protecting YouTube videos mean you can focus entirely on the content once you’ve input the secret code.
The Guided Access feature is easily accessible on the iPhone, as it can be activated from the main menu.
How To Lock Screen On YouTube Kids
No worries at all if you’re using YouTube Kids.
YouTube Kids has a parental control feature provided by Google.
Their straightforward design is loaded with features parents will love, like a child lock. Check out these key specs.
- A lock icon can be found in the corner of the screen.
- Please input your passcode here by tapping on the symbol. Without a previously stored passcode, you may be prompted to input a CAPTCHA or answer a multiplication puzzle before gaining access.
- Navigate to the Preferences page and adjust the settings to your liking.
- You may restrict what your kid can view, set a timer, lock the screen, etc., all from the Settings menu.
We hope that this post helped answer your query about how to lock the screen on YouTube.
As soon as you begin streaming videos on YouTube, activate the touch blocker so that you cannot interact with the screen.
Several videos in your YouTube Video Views history may not be appropriate for kids to watch.
Issues are caused by the children’s exposure to inappropriate content and the fact that they may navigate away to other apps where they may inadvertently alter settings.