If you’re concerned about your privacy you might want to know how to hide your Facebook friends list.
By default, your friends list is visible to anyone who visits your profile, but you can change this setting to make it visible to only yourself or a select group of people.
This can help protect your personal information and prevent strangers from contacting your friends.
To hide your friends list on Facebook, you’ll need to access your privacy settings.
Depending on whether you’re using a web browser or the Facebook app on your mobile device, the steps may vary slightly.
However, in general, you’ll need to navigate to the “Privacy” section of your settings and look for the option to control who can see your friends list.
Once you’ve found this option, you can choose to make your friends list private or limit its visibility to certain groups of people.
It’s important to note that if you hide your friends list on Facebook, you may still appear in your friends’ lists and they may appear in yours.
However, strangers and people who are not your friends will not be able to see your full list of friends.
Keep reading to learn more about how to hide your friends list on Facebook and protect your privacy online.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List
If you don’t want people to see your Facebook friends, you can hide your friends list from them.
Here are the steps to do that on both desktop and mobile.
Accessing Privacy Settings
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the down arrow icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “Settings.”
Changing Friends List Visibility
- Click on “Privacy” in the left-hand column.
- In the “How People Can Find and Contact You” section, select “Who can see your friends list?”
- Click on the dropdown menu and select “Only Me” to hide your friends list from everyone or select “Friends” to show it to your Facebook friends only.
- Click “Close” to save your changes.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Privacy Settings.”
- Tap on “Who can see your friends list?”
- Select “Only Me” to hide your friends list from everyone or select “Friends” to show it to your Facebook friends only.
- Tap the back arrow to save your changes.
Note that if you set your friends list visibility to only yourself, people can still see mutual friends on your profile.
Additional Privacy Tips
Reviewing Friend Requests
It’s essential to review friend requests before accepting them on Facebook. You can limit the number of people who can send you friend requests.
To do this, go to your Facebook settings, click on “Privacy,” and select “Edit” next to “Who can send you friend requests.”
You can choose to allow only friends of friends or no one at all to send you friend requests.
If you receive a friend request from someone you don’t know, it’s best to ignore it.
Accepting friend requests from strangers can compromise your privacy and security on Facebook.
Limiting Public Posts
When you post something on Facebook, it’s essential to be mindful of who can see it.
By default, Facebook posts are set to “Public,” which means anyone can see them.
To limit who can see your posts, go to your Facebook settings, click on “Privacy,” and select “Edit” next to “Your activity.”
From there, you can choose who can see your future posts and review your past posts.
You can also limit who can see your past posts by going to your Facebook profile, clicking on the three dots next to “Add to Story,” and selecting “Activity Log.”
From there, you can review and edit who can see your past posts.
By following these additional privacy tips, you can further secure your Facebook account and protect your personal information.
Hiding your Facebook friends list is an important step to protect your privacy on the platform.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind when you’re ready to hide your friends list:
- You can hide your friends list from everyone or specific people.
- If you don’t want anyone to see your friends list, choose “Only Me” in the privacy settings.
- You can hide your friends list on both desktop and mobile devices.
- The steps are slightly different, but the process is straightforward.
- If you want to allow certain people to see your friends list, you can create a custom privacy setting.
- Select “Custom” and add the names of the people you want to allow to see your friends list.
- Be aware that hiding your friends list will also hide mutual friends from other people.
- If you’re okay with this, then hiding your friends list is a good idea.
- Remember that hiding your friends list won’t prevent other people from seeing your interactions with your friends.
- If you comment on a friend’s post, for example, other people might see that interaction in their news feed.
By following these tips, you can keep your Facebook friends list private and protect your personal information on the platform.