Everyone desires privacy, even if it does not exist in the modern world. Some Instagram users may be uncomfortable sharing some stuff with others.
Everyone on Instagram is competing for more followers, but if you’re one of the minorities that cares about keeping your Instagram activity private, this is your choice.
Your initial Instagram settings expose your followers and the list of Instagram accounts you’ve chosen to follow to the general public.
If you’d want nobody to know who is following you on Instagram, this guide is for you. Let’s answer the query about how to hide followers on Instagram.
How To Hide Followers On Instagram
Maintaining a large following is important to social media platforms since user engagement keeps them afloat.
The popularity of a user’s profile depends on the number of people who follow their account.
Visitors flock to the profile in droves because of its popularity-based appeal. Therefore, using this tool to hide your Instagram followers will be challenging.
Instagram might include an option to hide followers soon, but we don’t see this happening immediately.
Nonetheless, by taking certain measures, you may control who can view your profile and what they can see about you on the network.
There are three ways in which you can control who can see your Instagram account:
- Switch to private mode
- You can remove or block users.
- You can restrict a user’s access to your account.
1. Set Your Profile To Private
The quickest and easiest approach to prevent those you don’t want seeing your followers and following lists is to convert to a private account.
Your posts, stories, followers, and those you’re following will only be visible to people who approve your follow requests. Isn’t it sensible?
You are correct if you assume that moving to a private account will resolve your issue. The procedure for setting your account private is as follows:
- Sign into your Instagram account using the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Click the icon in the far right corner of the screen; it will be a miniature version of your Instagram profile photo.
- To access the hamburger menu, look for it in the upper right-hand corner of the display and tap on it. A menu will appear.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select Privacy from the list of options on the Settings screen.
- The Private account option and its corresponding toggle switch may be found in the Privacy settings, directly beneath the Account privacy section. As a safety precaution, this option is now inactive. Turn this on, and your account will be set to private.
However, you should recognize that setting up a private account can be a pain if you are, or aspire to be, a social media influencer.
This is due to the restricted nature of private accounts. Hashtags are also pointless since you can only share stuff with your followers.
So think twice before you switch to a private account and limit your chances of becoming an influencer.
How to Keep Your Instagram Follower’s Secret Without Going Private
Making your privacy settings to minimize your follower count is not a good decision if you want people to know about your account promotion efforts.
The last step is to stop communicating with certain people simply. You’ll have to limit their access to your stuff on Instagram individually, which could take some time.
On the other hand, this will restrict some Instagram users from identifying who they follow and who follows them.
You should know that the prohibited users will also be unable to discover your Instagram account in the future (until you unblock them).
But blocking specific individuals who you won’t want to see your posts can help you avoid the option of making your Instagram private.
2. Block The User
Accessing a user’s profile is all it takes to block them. Choose your preferred method of communication by clicking the Simply press the Block button.
- Go To Account Profile: Click the three dots in the top right corner of the user profile page to access the user’s profile.
- Tap Block: Select “Block” from the bottom menu that appears, then select “Block” once more to confirm your selection.
Users you have blocked will no longer be able to access your profile or the profiles of those who are following you.
Until they create a new account, they won’t even be able to look for yours in the app.
3. Remove Followers On Instagram
When you feel restricting a user is too harsh, you can delete them entirely. No notice is given to unfollowed accounts when followers are deleted.
However, they will discover that they have never followed you and will require your authorization to access your account once they tap on your profile.
Even if you change your profile settings to private, your followers will still be able to view your total of followers but not the names of the people you have chosen to follow you or follow you.
To unfollow someone on Instagram, do as follows:
- Navigate to your profile.
- Select “Followers” from the menu bar.
- You can unfollow someone by searching for them or by going through the list and selecting “Remove.”
You have not hidden followers or restricted the number of individuals who can follow you on Instagram in this way.
They will still be able to find your profile, but they will need to re-request access.
Why Hide Followers On Instagram?
There are several scenarios where you may conceal your Instagram following. Common explanations include the following:
- Protect your online identity by increasing your profile’s privacy settings.
- You wouldn’t want your follower count to be revealed.
- You desire a private profile.
Is My Following List Public On Instagram?
Your Instagram privacy settings determine this.
If your Instagram profile is set to public, then the people you follow and those who follow you will be visible to everyone who searches for your username.
When your Instagram profile is set to private, only your current followers will be enabled to see your list of followers and the people you’re following.
We’ve covered everything you need to know about Instagram’s follower-hiding features, hopefully satisfying your curiosity.
Be cautious about who you let follow your profile, and keep your profile as private as possible at all times.
Your Instagram photos and stories are always at risk of being screenshotted, so be mindful of this.
Keep your cellphone number and other private details to yourself when posting online.