Are you someone who has accidentally removed an app from your home screen and now can’t seem to find it? Or perhaps you’re someone who has hidden an app and now can’t remember where it is?
Whatever the case may be, how to get app back on home screen is easier than you might think.
In this article, we’ll explore a few different methods for adding apps back to your home screen on both iPhone and Android devices.
One of the simplest ways to get an app back on your home screen is to use the App Library on your iPhone.
This feature was introduced in iOS 14 and acts as a centralized hub for all of your apps.
To find an app that you’ve removed from your home screen, simply swipe left until you reach the App Library, then use the search bar to locate the app you’re looking for.
Once you’ve found it, you can tap and hold the app icon until a menu appears, then select “Add to Home Screen” to add it back.
If you’re using an Android device, the process for adding an app back to your home screen may vary depending on your device and operating system.
However, one common method is to open the app drawer, locate the app you want to add, and then tap and hold the app icon until a menu appears.
From there, you should be able to drag the app icon to your home screen and drop it in the location of your choice.
- 1 How to Get App Back on Home Screen
- 2 Check if the App is Hidden
- 3 Reset Home Screen Layout
- 4 Key Takeaways
How to Get App Back on Home Screen
If you accidentally removed an app from your home screen or if it disappeared from your home screen, don’t worry. You can easily re-add it to your home screen by following these simple steps.
Long-Press on the App in the App Library
First, swipe right until you reach the App Library. The App Library is a new feature introduced in iOS 14 that automatically organizes all of your apps into categories like Social, Productivity, and Entertainment.
It’s a convenient way to quickly find the app you need without having to scroll through multiple home screen pages.
Once you’ve located the app you want to re-add to your home screen in the App Library, simply long-press on the app icon until a menu appears.
Tap ‘Add to Home Screen’
From the menu that appears, tap on the ‘Add to Home Screen’ option. This will add the app back to your home screen.
If you want to move the app to a different location on your home screen, simply long-press on the app icon again and drag it to the desired location.
That’s it! You’ve successfully re-added the app to your home screen. It’s a quick and easy process that can save you a lot of time and frustration.
Check if the App is Hidden
If you can’t find an app on your iPhone’s home screen, it may be hidden. This can happen if you accidentally removed the app, or if you have restrictions set up on your device.
Here are a few things you can do to check if the app is hidden:
Search for the App in the App Library
The App Library is a new feature in iOS 14 that organizes all of your apps into folders. To access the App Library, swipe left on your home screen until you see it.
Once you’re in the App Library, you can search for the app you’re looking for by swiping down on the screen and typing in the app’s name.
If you find the app in the App Library, you can add it back to your home screen by pressing and holding the app icon until it starts to jiggle, then dragging it to the location on your home screen where you want it to appear.
Check for Restrictions
If you’ve enabled restrictions on your iPhone, you may have accidentally hidden the app you’re looking for. To check if this is the case, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Screen Time.”
- Tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
- Enter your Screen Time passcode if prompted.
- Tap on “Allowed Apps.”
- Make sure the app you’re looking for is toggled on.
If the app is not toggled on, you can turn it on by tapping on the toggle switch next to the app’s name. Once you’ve done this, the app should appear on your home screen again.
In conclusion, if you can’t find an app on your iPhone’s home screen, it may be hidden.
You can check for the app in the App Library or check for restrictions in the Settings app to get it back on your home screen.
Reset Home Screen Layout
If you have accidentally deleted an app from your home screen, or if you want to reset your home screen layout to default, you can easily do so by following these simple steps:
Go to Settings
First, you need to go to your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app. This app is usually located on your home screen and can be identified by the gear icon.
Once you are in the Settings app, you need to tap on the ‘General’ option. This will take you to a new screen with several options.
Scroll down until you see the ‘Reset’ option and tap on it. This will bring up a list of reset options.
Select ‘Reset Home Screen Layout’
From the list of reset options, select ‘Reset Home Screen Layout.’ This will reset the layout of all the icons on your home screen to the default arrangement.
It’s important to note that this will not delete any of your apps or data, it will simply rearrange them on your home screen. However, any custom folders or arrangements you have made will be lost.
In conclusion, resetting your home screen layout is a quick and easy way to get your apps back on your home screen if they have been accidentally deleted or misplaced.
Just follow these simple steps, and your home screen will be back to its default arrangement in no time!
Getting an app back on your home screen can be a frustrating process, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some key takeaways to help you get your app back on your home screen quickly and easily.
- If you haven’t uninstalled your app from your phone, you’ll see it in your app drawer menu. Once you’ve located the app on your app drawer, re-adding it to the home screen is straightforward. To do this, press and hold the missing app from your app drawer till the phone vibrates.
- If you can’t find the app in your app drawer, it’s likely buried in a Home Screen folder or on a hidden Home page. In this case, you can press and drag the app icon back onto your Home Screen.
- If you’re using an iPhone, press and hold the app icon until a menu appears and tap on Add to Home Screen. If you don’t see the option to Add to Home Screen, it’s likely that the app is buried in a Home Screen folder or on a hidden Home page. In this case, you can press and drag the app icon back onto your Home Screen.
- If you’re using an iPhone and want to move an app from the App Library to a Home Screen, tap the “Add to Home Screen” button from the context menu. The application will be moved and placed on your home screen automatically.
- If you’ve ever had a window somehow get moved off your screen on a Windows computer, you can press Alt+Tab to select the lost window, then hold the Windows key and tap the left or the right arrow key to snap the window back onto the screen. On Windows 10, you can also right-click the taskbar and click “Cascade Windows” to move every window back onto the desktop.
By following these simple steps, you can easily get your app back on your home screen and enjoy using it again.
Remember to always check your app drawer and Home Screen folders before assuming that the app is gone for good.