Among the various eCommerce sites present now, eBay is a popular platform with over 3 billion monthly visits and a market cap of 23 billion USD in 2022.
It connects sellers and buyers in over 190 global markets.
For sellers, it gives a big opportunity and buyers get to benefit from the diverse range of options present.
Combining shipping expenses is a great way to save money for sellers and buyers.
If you are a buyer or seller on eBay and want to know how to combine postage on eBay here is a detailed guide.
How To Combine Postage On Ebay For Sellers
When you get orders for multiple items from the same buyer, it is possible to ship all the items as a single package to the buyer.
If the payment has not been completed, then follow the steps below:
- If the buyer has not used the postage discount, the buyer can choose the ‘Request Total from Seller’ option in the shopping basket.
- You can send an invoice that has the new combined costs.
- Before you send the invoice, ensure your account has a combined invoices option. To do this go to the Manage postage settings.
- Choose ‘Edit’ found near the ‘Allow combined payments and postage’.
- Select the time during which you want to allow combined payments and click on the Save option.
For sending the combined invoice from My eBay here are the steps:
- Visit the ‘Sold’ page of My eBay.
- Choose the items you wish to combine
- Add the fresh postage amount
- Choose ‘Send Invoice’ found under the Actions menu.
You can also use the Seller Hub for sending the combined invoice. Here are the steps:
- Use the ‘Orders’ tab on the Seller Hub page.
- Choose the orders that you want to combine by ticking the box beside them.
- Click on the Send Invoice option for the chosen orders.
How To Combine Postage After The Payment Is Complete
It is possible to offer a discount even after a buyer has completed the shipping payment.
You can use the Orders tab under the Seller Hub or the My eBay Sold option to send a partial refund to the buyer.
When the payment is completed, you can make a postage label from one of the multiple orders and upload the tracking number for all the items in the combined new order.
This helps save time and money for the buyer and the seller.
How To Combine Postage For Buyers
If you have ordered multiple items from a seller and completed the payments, you can get to combine postage if they have not been marked as sent.
Most sellers combine postage automatically when a buyer orders multiple items.
When you add the items to the cart you will find the combined postage amount at the checkout.
Note: If you do not find postage costs for additional items under the postage section, you should ask the seller before paying.
If the seller agrees to combined postage, a combined invoice will be sent with the new postage cost.
Combined Orders On Ebay
Sellers can combine the eBay orders of a customer into a single shipment in the following way:
- Under the Selling Manager section choose the ‘Awaiting Shipment’ section and find the multiple orders belonging to the same customer.
- Choose the print shipping label for one of the orders
- You will be taken to a page where you can provide information on the package before you purchase the postage. You can change the dimensions and weight to the combined size of all the items.
- Calculate the combined parcel’s rate and choose the rate you want to use.
- Save the changes and buy the postage and print the labels.
- Return to the ‘Awaiting Shipments’ section and go to the ‘More actions’ page for the next item. You can mark the next item as shipped.
- Add the tracking information for the second item and click save.
What Is A Postage Discount?
Sellers offer postage discounts to encourage buyers to add more items to their carts. A seller can apply the discount to the postage amount when the buyer buys more than one item.
Besides postage discounts, sellers can also offer carrier-specific discounts or provide savings on postage as a promotional tool in the listings.
For the postage discount to work, a seller has to offer combined postage.
Once the combined postage option is set up, the seller can use rules that are applied automatically to the delivery amount when a buyer purchases multiple products.
On checkout, the discounts will be automatically applied rather than the seller having to create a revised invoice once the sale is completed.
Based on whether a seller offers a flat postage cost or a calculated cost, the discounts can vary slightly.
Whether you are a buyer or seller on eBay it is natural to look for ways that will save you money.
For sellers, the business will be more efficient when cost and time-saving methods are used.
The orders can be combined into one shipment saving money for the buyer and the seller.
Using the above guide to combine postage on eBay you can save time and money easily.