Are you a senior citizen who loves shopping on Amazon?
If so, you may be wondering how much is Amazon Prime for seniors.
Amazon Prime is a popular subscription service that offers many benefits, including free two-day shipping, access to streaming of movies, TV shows, and music, and more.
While the standard cost of Amazon Prime is $14.99 per month or $139 per year, seniors may be eligible for a discounted rate.
If you’re a senior who is currently enrolled in qualifying government assistance programs such as TANF, SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, and others, you may be able to get Amazon Prime for just $6.99 per month.
Seniors can also get the Amazon Prime discount if they have an EBT card. Proof of eligibility is required when signing up for the discounted Amazon Prime account.
With this discount, seniors can enjoy the same benefits of Amazon Prime at a lower cost.
How Much is Amazon Prime for Seniors?
If you’re a senior looking to sign up for Amazon Prime, you might be wondering how much it will cost you.
Here’s what you need to know about pricing and discounts for seniors.
Pricing for Amazon Prime
The regular price for Amazon Prime is $14.99 per month or $119 per year.
However, if you’re eligible for Medicaid or have a valid EBT card, you can qualify for a discounted rate of $6.99 per month through the Amazon Prime Access program.
This can save you a significant amount of money each year.
Discounts for Seniors
In addition to the discounted rate for those on Medicaid or with an EBT card, seniors can also get Amazon Prime for just $6.99 per month if they are currently enrolled in qualifying government assistance programs such as TANF, SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, and others.
Proof of eligibility is required when signing up for the discounted Amazon Prime account.
It’s important to note that AARP members do not currently receive a discount on Amazon Prime.
However, if you’re a senior who is enrolled in a qualifying government assistance program, you can still take advantage of the discounted rate.
Benefits of Amazon Prime
If you’re a senior, you might be wondering if Amazon Prime is worth the cost.
Here are some benefits of Amazon Prime that might help you decide:
One of the biggest benefits of Amazon Prime is free shipping.
With Amazon Prime, you can get free two-day shipping on millions of items.
This can be especially helpful if you have trouble getting out of the house or if you live in a rural area where it’s hard to get to a store.
In addition to free shipping, Amazon Prime also includes access to streaming services like Prime Video and Amazon Music.
With Prime Video, you can stream thousands of movies and TV shows, including some original content that you can’t find anywhere else.
With Amazon Music, you can stream over two million songs and listen to ad-free radio stations.
Amazon Prime also includes other benefits, such as:
- Prime Reading: With Prime Reading, you can access a selection of books, magazines, and comics for free.
- Prime Pantry: With Prime Pantry, you can get groceries and household items delivered to your door for a flat fee.
- Prime Day: Amazon’s annual Prime Day event offers exclusive deals and discounts to Prime members.
Amazon Prime can be a great value for seniors who shop online frequently and enjoy streaming movies and music.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime
If you’re a senior who wants to sign up for Amazon Prime, there are a few things you need to know.
To sign up for Amazon Prime as a senior, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 65 years old
- Have a valid Medicare card
- Have a valid email address
If you meet these requirements, you can proceed with the registration process.
To sign up for Amazon Prime as a senior, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Prime website.
- Click on the “Start your 30-day free trial” button.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Enter your billing information.
- Select the “Senior Discount” option.
- Enter your Medicare card information.
- Click on the “Start your 30-day free trial” button.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll be signed up for Amazon Prime at the discounted senior rate of $6.99 per month.
It’s important to note that you’ll need to renew your Amazon Prime membership each year to continue receiving the discount.
You’ll also need to verify your Medicare eligibility every year to keep your discount.
If you’re a senior citizen, Amazon Prime is a great way to save money on your online shopping.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
- Amazon Prime membership costs $14.99 per month or $139 per year for regular members.
- Seniors who are currently enrolled in qualifying government assistance programs such as TANF, SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, and others can get Amazon Prime for just $6.99/month.
- Seniors can also get the Amazon Prime discount if they have an EBT card. Proof of eligibility is required when signing up for the discounted Amazon Prime account.
- Amazon Prime offers a range of benefits, including fast, free delivery on millions of items, exclusive perks, and savings for eligible members.
- Some of the exclusive benefits of Amazon Prime include access to streaming of TV shows and movies, free e-books, and unlimited photo storage.
- Amazon also offers a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime, so you can test out the service before committing to a membership.
Amazon Prime is a great option for seniors who want to save money on their online shopping and enjoy a range of exclusive benefits.
If you’re eligible for the discounted Amazon Prime membership, it’s definitely worth considering.