If you’re considering becoming an Amazon driver, you’re probably wondering how much you Amazon drivers make.
With Amazon’s growing delivery network, there are many opportunities for drivers to earn a steady income.
The amount you can make as an Amazon driver depends on several factors, including your location, experience, and the type of driving you do.
According to recent data from Indeed and Glassdoor, Amazon drivers can earn an average of $18-19 per hour.
However, this can vary based on your location and the type of driving you do.
For example, Amazon Flex drivers, who use their own vehicles to deliver packages, can earn between $18 and $25 per hour.
On the other hand, Amazon delivery drivers, who operate Amazon-branded vans and trucks, can earn an average of $17.99 per hour.
How Much Do Amazon Drivers Make in 2023?
If you’re considering becoming an Amazon driver, you’re probably wondering how much you can expect to make.
While the pay can vary depending on several factors, including your location and the type of delivery service you provide, there are ways to estimate your potential earnings.
Amazon drivers are responsible for delivering packages to customers on behalf of Amazon.com, Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, and other delivery service partners.
They can work as full-time Amazon drivers or as independent contractors through the Amazon Flex program.
Most Amazon drivers use their own vehicles and are reimbursed for mileage and tolls.
Factors That Affect Amazon Driver Pay
Several factors can affect how much Amazon drivers make.
- Your role: Depending on whether you’re a full-time Amazon driver or an independent contractor through Amazon Flex, your pay structure may differ.
- Your location: Amazon driver salaries can vary depending on where you live and work. For example, the minimum wage in San Francisco is higher than the national average, so Amazon drivers in that area may make more.
- Your availability: Amazon drivers can choose their delivery blocks or shifts, and their pay is based on the number of deliveries they complete during that time.
- Your experience: Experienced Amazon drivers may be eligible for higher pay or bonuses.
- Additional pay: Amazon drivers may receive additional pay for things like tips, paid time off, and profit sharing.
Estimating Amazon Driver Salaries
The pay range for Amazon drivers can vary widely depending on the factors listed above.
According to recent data from Indeed and CareerExplorer, the median hourly wage for Amazon drivers in the United States is around $18-$19 per hour.
However, this can range from $9 to $45 per hour depending on the route, hours of work, location, and other factors.
To get a more accurate estimate of your potential income as an Amazon driver, you can use the Amazon Flex app or other pay estimator tools available online.
These tools take into account your location, availability, and other factors to provide a more personalized estimate of your pay range.
Perks and Benefits
In addition to competitive pay, Amazon drivers may be eligible for a range of perks and benefits.
These can include:
- Direct deposit: Amazon drivers can receive their pay via direct deposit to their bank account.
- Insurance: Full-time Amazon drivers may be eligible for health insurance, 401(k) plans, and other benefits.
- Partnerships: Amazon has partnerships with companies like Uber and Lyft that can offer additional perks and benefits to drivers.
- Stock: Amazon drivers may be eligible to receive stock awards as part of their compensation package.
Overall, becoming an Amazon driver can be a rewarding and flexible way to earn income.
While the pay can vary depending on several factors, there are ways to estimate your potential earnings and take advantage of the perks and benefits available to drivers.
If you’re considering becoming an Amazon driver, here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
- Amazon Flex drivers can earn between $18 and $25 an hour, depending on location and other factors.
- Delivery drivers for Amazon.com earn an average of $18.79 per hour, according to data from Indeed.
- Amazon.com driving jobs pay an average of $15.50 to $48.41 per hour, depending on the position.
- Amazon drivers can expect to be responsible for up to 30 or more packages per block, so be prepared to work hard.
It’s important to note that actual earnings can vary depending on a variety of factors, including location, tips, and how long it takes to complete deliveries.
However, Amazon drivers can track their pay using the earnings screen on the Amazon Flex app.
If you’re interested in becoming an Amazon driver, it’s also worth considering the benefits that come with the job.
Common benefits at Amazon.com include health insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) matching.
Overall, becoming an Amazon driver can be a great way to earn extra income on a flexible schedule.
However, it’s important to be prepared for the demands of the job and to understand the factors that can impact your earnings.