Muting an Instagram user is a great feature because they are not notified that their content like posts and stories is hidden.
With the help of this feature, you will not have to hurt anyone’s feelings by blocking or removing them from your follower list.
Muting an IG profile is also an easy method to take a break from someone’s content.
Apart from the IG profile, you can also mute other aspects of Instagram like direct messages, stories, etc.
In this article, we will talk about some ways that you can learn how do you unmute someone on Instagram.
How Do You Unmute Someone On Instagram in 2024?
If you want to learn how do you unmute someone on Instagram, there are two ways of doing so – unmuting their profile and unmuting their stories.
Let us first learn how you can unmute someone’s Instagram account:
- You first need to visit your Instagram account and head over to your IG profile.
- On the Explore page, you need to type in the name of the person’s Instagram username that you want to unmute.
- Tap on the person’s IG account and click on the Following option, just under the Bio.
- Tap on the Mute option.
- Now, you will find two options – to Mute or Unmute the account or stories. You need to click on the sliders to unmute either of the options.
This is the exact same as muting someone’s Instagram profile. Once you have muted or unmuted the account, they will not receive any notification about the same.
How Can You Unmute Someone’s Instagram Stories?
In a similar way, you can also choose to unmute someone’s IG stories. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start your Instagram application and log into your account.
- Scroll through the Story section, which is located at the top of the screen. In the end, you will find a greyed-out icon; this is the IG story that you have muted.
- Long-tap on the greyed-out IG profile.
- You will see three options – Unmute Story, View Profile, and Cancel; tap on the Unmute Story option.
How Can You View Muted IG Accounts?
If you want to unmute an IG account, you will first have to find these accounts. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to your IG profile and click on the three-bar icon, which is located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, head over to the Privacy option and tap on the Muted Accounts option.
- On the next screen, you will find all the accounts that have been muted.
- As you scroll through the names of the IG profiles, you will be able to check whether you have muted their posts, stories, or both.
- If you want to unmute an IG account, you first need to tap on and visit their profile.
- Tap on the Following option, similar to how we have discussed in the above sections.
- Click on the Mute option and toggle it off for individual posts or stories.
Can You Unmute An Instagram Account Via Your Computer?
Unfortunately, you do not have the choice of unmuting an IG profile via your computer or the web browser.
The only way you can unmute an IG post or story is via your mobile application.
However, when you mute or unmute an IG account on your mobile app, the same will be synced on the Instagram web version.
Is There Any Way To Mute Instagram Messages?
If you want to mute someone’s IG messages, there is a method to do so as well. You first need to head over to the profile of the person’s IG account’s messages.
On the messages, you should see a speakerphone icon. Next to it in the chat list, there will be a slash to their IG name.
Here, you need to open the chat thread and click on the name, which will be located at the top.
This will open a new page called Details. Here, you need to toggle on or off the Mute Messages option and/or the Mute Call Notifications, depending on what you want to do.
The method is almost the same for unmuting Instagram messages. You simply need to open the chat option and tap on the (i) icon.
On the next page, you should see a box next to Mute Messages that you need to uncheck.
Can You Unmute Comments On Instagram?
Unfortunately, there is no way to unmute comments on Instagram. However, you can un-restrict a profile so that they can start commenting on your posts.
You just need to open your Instagram account and tap on the Settings option. Next, click on Privacy and then on Restricted accounts.
If the person is on the Restricted list, just click on the Unrestrict option, which will be next to the name and profile picture of the IG account.
As you can see, unmuting an Instagram account is very easy. All you need to do is follow the steps that we have mentioned in this article.
Once the account has been unmuted, you will be able to view all the posts, stories, and overall profile of the IG account.
If you know of any other method of unmuting an Instagram account, you can let us know in the comment section.