Search engine optimization (SEO) is the secret to ranking your website higher on the search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO applies to all businesses and practices, especially in the dental industry. Dentists can serve more patients, boost their brands, and grow their businesses tenfold with an optimized dental website.
If you are a dentist and want to expand your practice through your website, SEO will help you save time, effort, and money. The key is using the right SEO techniques that apply best to dental websites.
Let’s take a closer look at the most popular and most effective SEO techniques this 2022.
Five of the Best SEO Strategies for Dentists
Dentists can benefit from a fully optimized website. As reported by Digital Authority Partners, dental specialists can set up an online clinic to attend to their patients to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
A virtual dental clinic should consider important features such as website security, videoconferencing, payment gateways, and accessible SEO features.
Here are the top SEO strategies for 2022:
Use the Right Dental Keywords
Optimizing your dental website starts with selecting dental keywords that fit your business, specialization, and location. By carefully considering the market or industry where you belong, you can better understand your clients and, in turn, create offers that they will likely take advantage of. Your website keywords should include your specialization, as this helps you focus on what your clients need.
If you specialize in dental implants, your main keyword must include “dental implants” and some descriptive words that showcase your expertise. Instead of just “dental implants,” which is a very broad term, you can go for “affordable dental implants” or “high-quality dental implants.”
Finally, your location implies serving a specific area and helps you highlight your services and offers. Consider “San Diego quality dental implants” or “cheap dental implants in San Diego.”
Now that you have your dental keywords ready, you need to use these efficiently on your site. Avoid keyword stuffing, as this can affect your rankings.
To optimize your website for search engines, remember the following:
- Use your primary keyword or a version of the main keyword in your title, introduction, and conclusion.
- Use secondary keywords in your content body.
- Add calls-to-action (CTAs) at the end of your content.
- Use your main keywords in describing videos, photos, infographics, and other media.
- Create separate pages for every dental service you offer. Modify your keywords accordingly.
Improve Online Presence with Link Building
Adding links from authoritative websites in your industry can help you optimize your site for search. Links back up your claims and ideas if you offer a special kind of dental procedure such as UV teeth whitening or invisible braces, post reviews, studies, and medical journal articles about these services.
Aside from using direct links, backlinks also improve your ranking online. You need industry-relevant websites and publications to link to your business to backlink.
There are many ways to get free backlinks. You can create guest posts for high-value websites, post comments, post at industry websites or publications, or be a guest on dental podcasts.
Creating links and backlinks may seem like a lot of work. But once you get a hand with these, you’ll find it easier to use links in your SEO strategies.
Consider Local SEO with Google My Business
Dentists need to dominate the local market, especially if their dental office is in a competitive location. One way to do this is to claim and update your Google My Business profile.
Google My Business is a free online listing tool for physical businesses, also part of Google Maps. You should claim your GMB listing and update it regularly.
Your GMB profile has your business name, address, phone number (NAP), and other critical information about your business, including your website, hours of operation, photos, and customer ratings and reviews.
- Take action and update your GMB listing.
- Add your dental clinic’s holiday hours of operation.
- Post the latest photos of your clinic storefront, receiving area, and staff.
- Post street view images of your location so that your customers can easily find your dental office.
- Answer questions, thank people for their reviews (positive or negative reviews), and resolve any concerns at once.
- Write a standout description containing your main keywords. Descriptions are only 750 characters long, so make it count.
- Create a GMB profile for all your business locations.
Create Amazing Content
Make your dental website the go-to site for people who want to learn more about your practice. Aside from providing information about your brand, services, and products, a successful dental website must provide the latest information about dentistry-related subjects.
Topics that your customers will find helpful are dental hygiene, dental nutrition, and dental care. They might also be interested in the latest dental technology, reviews of various procedures, and many more.
Consider the following tips to create the best content:
- Consider the latest news about your practice.
- Check what types of content your customers look for.
- Create high-quality, helpful, and shareable content.
- Formulate your content well. Use headings, subheadings, and bullet points.
- Add calls-to-action (CTAs) at the end of your content.
- Produce content regularly.
- Publish a newsletter to engage your customers more.
Tap into Social Media SEO
Nowadays, dental offices rely on social media to connect with prospective clients and patients. Through social media sites such as Facebook, you can relate to your customers, promote your services and offers, and expand your brand online.
As always, it is best to publish regular posts. Use your keywords in your post titles, body paragraphs, and descriptions.
Consider these strategies:
- Add social media buttons to lead your patients to your social media platforms from your website.
- Create a good description of your business on your social media pages.
- Answer direct messages from customers. Update your “about” pages, especially your phone number and email address.
- Add a map tool so that your customers can reach you through social media.
SEO is one of the essential digital marketing tools that dentists can use. Using the right SEO strategies will give them a better chance to rank higher on the SERPs. Using SEO for dental marketing can help dentists grow their practices online and offline.